Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

There are what appear to be all the popular brands of flatband for sale on Aliexpress. Is there any reason to be sceptical about the authenticity of such bands? They all appear to come boxed, and if any are a copy then they're very convincing - colours etc are all correct.

You may have guessed, i haven't used Aliexpress before...

Cheers

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I've ordered sets of non-brand flat bands from Aliexpress: the quality of the rubber is fine, but the bands are not tied to the pouch either for TTF or OTT, which is a little disturbing when using band alignment in OTT for aiming.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Short answer, yes, they are original......for the most part. Lots of good frames too, at less than half the price of Dankung.
The caveat is, that you need to know from which store you are buying. The Piaoyu store is among the good ones, as is the Extraordinary store, or something.

Reactions: Blaze

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
i suggest you not order from aliexpress it will take like a month for delivery and sometimes the products are not what is in the pictures. It is a cheap chinese website after all.
It would be more constructive if you had actual experience with the AliExpress stores that most of us here know and trust.
Piaoyu, YiWu, Slingshot Tribe, just to name a few good storea in AliExpress. Delivery is slow because it is free, you can always choose the more expensive shipping options.
As for being "cheap", you get the exact same bands in those stores as in those "expensive" ones, the only difference being, that one is cheaper than the other.
By the way, I am shopping a long time in AliExpress, and only once I received an item that was not what I wanted. I ordered 0.45 latex, and got 0.37. AliExpress promptly refunded all my money.
Not to mention the frames that you get for 10 dollars on AliExpress, while you pay triple that to Dankung.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have over 1000 aliexpress orders, i have experience. I see you live in greece, so your way closer to china than me in america. Also i can order from ebay with free shipping and the shipping takes only a few days. I am not saying i hate aliexpress, im just saying it would probably be better to order from someplace like ebay or amazon for people in america. I completely understand you.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Well, it depends, the AliExpress shops are also, usually, in ebay anyway. Oh, even in Greece, an order needs about 20-30 daysbto arrive. I don't mind because I always have a stack of latex and frames available!
Now, if I needed something quick, my only choice is Uk, and even from the US, a package arrives in two weeks, which isnt terribly bad.

·
Premium Member
3,894 Posts
I have over 1000 aliexpress orders, i have experience. I see you live in greece, so your way closer to china than me in america. Also i can order from ebay with free shipping and the shipping takes only a few days. I am not saying i hate aliexpress, im just saying it would probably be better to order from someplace like ebay or amazon for people in america. I completely understand you.
. In your profile it says your 15 years old. So if you've ordered a 1000 times from Aliexpress that means you have ordered every day since you were 12 years old. Or every other day Since you were 9 years old. Really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
. In your profile it says your 15 years old. So if you've ordered a 1000 times from Aliexpress that means you have ordered every day since you were 12 years old. Or every other day Since you were 9 years old. Really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I didn't want to press the matter, but my pal Cjw isn't one to stay quiet ????

1 - 16 of 16 Posts