1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You just gave me the ink ive been lookin for thanks Aaron but thats not the point i wasnt saying that i was going to use it i was just sayin someone who can make slingshot could tesst the bungee cord when attched to a slingshot could get alot of power

·
Banned
1,015 Posts
I think p4v makes a good point and even if it never makes it to a test stage it seems worth a thought if only one. jist think about the person who first invented the slingshot and what outhers must of thought of him now look what it has become. then try to see were its going I beleve its far from finished.

·
Banned
1,015 Posts
As for you being young with little money and 1 cattie has little to do with it. I Grewup with little money and live today the same. I do extra work and odd jobs for the extras i want. All you need is a dream and ambition for thats were every thing we have today has come from.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I know everyone says that thera band etc are the most power full but ive heard bike tire tubing is good most likey not better than thera band but i was this about bungee cord obviously can take alot of strain and the more power you put in the more you get out i seriously think some one should test this out would be intrested to see the results

http://www.rosebrand...wing%2BSupplies
Bungee cord is hampered by its sheath. I tried using some of the narrow stuff ages ago but the braided sheath limits the length of pull and adds resistance, slowing down the return. Several people have recommended gum rubber bands linked together as being fine for hunting and general target work. If you get a decent sized bag of the things from an office stationers they shouldn't come to too much and when one breaks you don't have to change a whole catty band's-worth. They'll also make experimentation with draw weight and length easier. I used them to good effect when I was at school and while I'm mucking about with Theraband at present I'll be off to Staples for some humble rubber bands next week.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I know everyone says that thera band etc are the most power full but ive heard bike tire tubing is good most likey not better than thera band but i was this about bungee cord obviously can take alot of strain and the more power you put in the more you get out i seriously think some one should test this out would be intrested to see the results

"the more power you put in the more you get out" THIS IS THE BIGEST MISTAKE IN SLINGSHOTS!
the power u get depends more on the bands then in the power u put in! if u would use a steel wire instead of rubber, u could put in lots of power but u wouldn´t get out much. same when u use rubber with bad pervormance.

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts

turniquets from office depot is good for bands.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts