Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I know everyone says that thera band etc are the most power full but ive heard bike tire tubing is good most likey not better than thera band but i was this about bungee cord obviously can take alot of strain and the more power you put in the more you get out i seriously think some one should test this out would be intrested to see the results

http://www.rosebrand...wing%2BSupplies
Bungee cord is hampered by its sheath. I tried using some of the narrow stuff ages ago but the braided sheath limits the length of pull and adds resistance, slowing down the return. Several people have recommended gum rubber bands linked together as being fine for hunting and general target work. If you get a decent sized bag of the things from an office stationers they shouldn't come to too much and when one breaks you don't have to change a whole catty band's-worth. They'll also make experimentation with draw weight and length easier. I used them to good effect when I was at school and while I'm mucking about with Theraband at present I'll be off to Staples for some humble rubber bands next week.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.