Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently did a trade with Torsten and I want share with you my experience.

Torsten is a craftsman and artist of the highest caliber and this slingshot is a testament. I am unsure of the woods, the palm swell is unlike any wood I have ever seen or used. The body of the frame is exceptionally tight grained, diffuse pored hardwood- maybe a maple or beech??

The thing that is most amazing about this slingshot is its simplicity and as near perfect symmetry I have ever seen produced in a custom slingshot. I know what goes into making a slingshot and I know that Torsten is doing this through his hands, heart, and will- with stunning precision. My eye and touch cannot perceive a single imbalance in the symmetry, scale or finish- all seamless, balanced, and near perfect as one can get.

And yes, it shoots amazingly well for me too!

The balance of precision and human expression in this slingshot is stunning and a slingshot I will cherish always. 'Nuff said, here are some pictures

·
Philly
2,595 Posts
AWESOME!!!!

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Torsten's craftsmanship and design are fantastic. It's the first time I've seen them displayed alone and in such detail, which gives me a new appreciation for his work. Not only that but his shooting skills prove that this slingshot is up to any challenge a shooter wants to put on it.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Although it's not my favorite type of slingshot, the handwork is amazing!!!...True master!!!

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
now that's sweet!

·
Over 9001 Warning Points!
2,089 Posts
What's the gap on that? looks wide... for torsten's. that palmswell is beautiful.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Torsten . . . the talent that man possesses is something to behold!!!! If money and power could be gained through the use and creation of slingshots he'd be King of the World!!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Thanks for the rewiew Nathan!

Guys, this is the slingshot for a trade with Nathan - and it was a great trade - for me!!! I think we all know why...

What's the gap on that? looks wide... for torsten's.
Yes the gap is 4,5 cm. I usually shoot with slingshots with a gap of only 3 - 3,5 cm.

Thanks for all your nice comments!!

Best regards
Torsten

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
And Nathan's gift for weaving together great descriptions and pictures helps to highlight Torsten's workmanship.

Oh ... I forgot ... Nathan's got a bit of workmanship/design skills too!

·
Prince of Paraprosdokians and Epistemophilia
2,565 Posts
Just as slick as Torsten himself

1 - 20 of 24 Posts