Slingshots Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Looks like a real dangerous animal he's got there he should be real proud....
There is a hunting section for a reason....

·
Registered
158 Posts
very nice good job
chief aj had a $100 reward for the first coyote kill with a slingshot and you go in the record book you should check it out

·
Resigned
729 Posts
That does look like a pup, I dont kill coyotes unless they are causing a problem and I dont have problems with them; same with raccoons.

·
"Crafter"
2,120 Posts
Nice kill there was that using arrows? Would a big lead slug fired from a slingshot still make the kill?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Nice kill, coyotes are tough on game animals. I hunted on a small farm with nice deer when the coyotes came in deer left or got eaten. Past few seasons that property sucked for hunting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes it was a pup but you know what, a coyote is still a coyote
Big or small, they all kill deer, livestock, etc... I just stop the problem before it starts and
was the first to do it.

·
SSF Founder
5,225 Posts
Ive never heard of Sam Wood, and I didn't find any other references to that slingshot anywhere but on chief aj's site. Can you link me to some info on it?

·
Banned
2,531 Posts
Yes it was a pup but you know what, a coyote is still a coyote
Big or small, they all kill deer, livestock, etc... I just stop the problem before it starts and
was the first to do it.
"oh so you're the first" that maybe but that is because most hunters would not bother as the pup is no harm to anyone and FYI coyotes need to eat too which is why they take deer and small game,they just can't trot down to the local supermarket for fresh chicken lol

I'm sorry to say this is the sort of thing that gives respected hunters a bad name,Oh and I'm replying as I saw it in another section first.

Believe it or not pups actually rely on their mothers to hunt game they simply do not take deer themselves,which still leaves the mother to hunt game anyway! and will most likely come into season since you have killed the young one,so in reality you've prevented nothing.

I could understand it if it was your livestock that this pup would have been gunning for in the future but no you just wanted to post here and tell the world you were the first to take a coyote puppy.

I'd hate to think what juvenile animals you'll take next with your slingshot and post here that its the first ever,the mind boggles.

@Mods if you think my post is out of order then remove it

P.S Hunt all you like defend your livestock all you like but why post that you killed something that was doing no harm,makes no sense to me

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.