Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had several inquiries about the finish on my slingshots, so I thought I'd share it with you.

The way I've been finishing my slingshots saves a tremendous amount of time. I was putting three coats of BLO of tung oil and three coats of wipe on poly, that all adds up to at least 4 days minimum.
Now I can finish one in less than an hour with the same results.

Here is the process that I'm using.

I got a buffing system called Beall which uses a three step process, here's what I do on my slingshot.

I sometimes apply one coat of tung oil depending on the wood, I let it dry for around 30 to 45 minutes before buffing.

For the first step I use a buffing compound called Tripoli which removes any light sanding marks and begins to burnish the wood.

For the second step I use a buffing compound called white diamond which really begins to polish the wood.

For the third and final buffing I use a carnauba hard bar wax that really makes it shiny.

The reason that I'm posting this is if you have limited time to work on slingshots this will help you tremendously.

Here's a natty that I made a little while back and I decided to buff it up today, total time less than an hour.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.