Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi..i write from India ..looking for any advice on a slingshot for a starter like me(have used local made in my kid days) which can be used for field work....looking for rubber tubing type with double sights incorporated..thanks

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Andy, I personally would find a nice, simple frame and start practicing.

I tried shooting a frame with sights and it did nothing for my accuracy. It's not a firearm with no variables, things like ammo size, banding, frame hold, ammo hold and release all have to be considered beside just pointing a dot at your target.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

If it's top accuracy you are seeking (you'll need to shoot regularly to improve technique), I would strongly recommend flat bands as opposed to tubes. The following stainless steel slingshot is excellent in terms of ergonomics, band attachment, and the fiber optic sights it has.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32982896542.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.3.71ef30472a24gp

I have a couple of these, and find them very pleasant to shoot with. I should add that sights are not absolutely vital, as you can aim via the top edge of the fork very effectively.

An interesting alternative with a wrist brace for very strong flat bands is the Saunders Falcon-2, which also has a fiber optic sights option:

https://sausa.com/product/falcon-2-wrist-rocket-flatband-slingshot/

·
Ray Rowden
2,651 Posts
Basically, I'm just tagging on to the advice from Devil's Son-in-Law. Simple is good.

Sights are more helpful to experts than beginners. They are no help until a shooter has mastered the basics, as mentioned above.

Your description of wanting a tube type slingshot you can take to the field makes me think of a couple similar options. First is the DanKung Palm Thunder. Second is the similar Antelope style -offered by DanKung and many other vendors.

Both come with looped tubes, which many shooters find to be short. But making your own tube sets is very easy. If you start with clay ammo in the 9-10mm range you may also find 1632 tubes to be a good starting point.

The Antelope style has reference marks on the forks which I find helpful.

If you buy from someone other than DanKung, take care to avoid slingshots that are made from zinc instead of steel, for safety's sake.

Welcome to the forum, and good shooting!

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum! If I were you I would try to get a Scout or a scout LT. It can use both bands and tubes and you can set it up as a TTF (through the fork) or OTT (over the top shooter). You will be able to experiment with the different styles of shooting with one setup and be able to figure out what's best for you.

The only problem is I'm not sure how much the international shipping fees would be.

Sling-On!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
managed a cheap slingshot from alipexpress...not impressed with the flat bands..where else can i get bands from...more stronger types...aliexpress ruled out bcoz of the coronavirus issue etc

·
Mojave Mo
5,156 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! I agree to all points made and add that you might take a look at the slingshots from Pocket Predator here in the USA. They have proven designs, good prices, and each comes with a flatband to get you started. I myself started with a Scorpion and then a Ranger. Good Luck and let us know how you are making out on your new adventure.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you're a fan of tubes then I recommend you to look into dankung tubes. A heavier pull is not always better, it depends what ammo you shoot. If the ammo is light, then try getting 2040 or 1842 dankung tubing. If you want something with a bit heavier pull then maybe try 1745 tubes. I'm no expert, but it's what I've been seeing around in this forum. Try looking around.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hi Andy 65, welcome to the forum . To get you pointed in the right direction , go to simple-shot .com and have look at thier selection of frames . They also have great videos to help learn on what ever your interests lead . They also ship international . Dont forget dankung.com to take a look at thier offerings also. Good luck and enjoy ypur exsperiance .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts