·
Super Moderator
7,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Thanks AJW- I LOVE EM!!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm new to the forum & late to this party but am doing my own required reading (I have issues with rookie folks who don't understand the concept of "search"). The abbreviations flying around were slowing my learning-curve down considerably. Thanks, Flatband, for being an expert while still being considerate of us who don't (yet) know the lingo. This thread is a great help & (IMHO) should be required reading before most silly questions are asked! Thanks to all who contributed. GT

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm newbie and foreign in this forum, and many are the words that I can not seem to make sense, my translation is literal, such as "cant" to me means "slang" or "hypocrisy" but not "angle", I became crazy

Thank you, Master, asylum can wait me again ... or not.

·
Engorged Member
363 Posts
A great write up. Maybe "Over The Top" and "Through The Fork" should be listed with their commonly used abbrevaitions OTT and TTF in brackets.

Do we already have "frame/fork hit", "twisted pouch", "flip style" and "speed bump effect"?

·
Super Moderator
7,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Looks like I'll have to add some more Mopper-Good job Bud! Flatband

·
Registered
27 Posts
Glorious flatband.

Can you add Catapult (Catty) (the UK term for a sling) for the benefit of all?

Sorry to be picky but is it possible to put these terms into alphabetical order for a print out (I'm assuming you have a d-base)?

To the organisers - this deserves a special place in your tabs - is possible?

Thanks a mil, footloose

·
Registered
158 Posts
After looking it up with the Google search engine, turns out SPS is a model of slingshot, something like Stratagem Performance Slingshot.

Also, if any of you are wondering what spalted wood is, it appears to be wood that has been affected by fungal organisms, causing changes in coloration and pattern in the wood, prized by some for its beauty. It is said that before working spalted wood, it should be put in a microwave oven and/or(?) soaked in boiled linseed oil (BLO) to prevent inhaling/ ingesting fungus spore which could have an adverse effect on one's health.

Am I the only one who uses an Internet forum to talk to himself?

·
Super Moderator
7,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Missed this one Kitro-sorry Bud. Jim at Performance Catapults has a few wonderful models. Besides the SPS, he has the EPS -Element Pocket Shooter He also at one time had the ETS-Element Target Shooter. I think he also has a line of slimmer versions. They are all quality frames. Jim was the first one to come up with the idea of a "Bullet proof" frame. He uses all types of exotic woods and sandwiches a slab of metal in between them for strength.Great concept. Visit Performance Catapults and take a glance at some extraordinary slingshot work.

·
Registered
158 Posts
After trying the forum search bar days ago I should have tried to Google it, figured SPS was like a PFS--- a type of slingshot instead of an actual model. It must be well known and appreciated because I've seen it refered to many times. Flatband, thanks so much for starting and maintaining this thread. Now if we could only get you over to candlepowerforums.com to help with that big, steaming pile of pancakes. They use so much lingo for the model designations and technical stuff it's funny.

41 - 60 of 138 Posts