Slingshots Forum banner
101 - 120 of 138 Posts

·
Prince of Paraprosdokians and Epistemophilia
2,749 Posts
After looking it up with the Google search engine, turns out SPS is a model of slingshot, something like Stratagem Performance Slingshot.

Also, if any of you are wondering what spalted wood is, it appears to be wood that has been affected by fungal organisms, causing changes in coloration and pattern in the wood, prized by some for its beauty. It is said that before working spalted wood, it should be put in a microwave oven and/or(?) soaked in boiled linseed oil (BLO) to prevent inhaling/ ingesting fungus spore which could have an adverse effect on one's health.

Am I the only one who uses an Internet forum to talk to himself?
Yes, why?

·
2,749 Posts

·
2,749 Posts
What does SWO mean in front of PFS ? I know that PFS stands for Picked Fork Slingshot, but for the life of me I can't figure out what SWO means ?

Thanks,

wll
Single White Oriental in front a Pickle Faced Samoan .

You really need to get out more...

·
2,749 Posts
How can I get one
Well, you go into the right bar, at the right time, and you find the right woman and you say the right things and... oh, sorry, you're a lefty.

·
2,749 Posts
In my neck of the woods, I have heard the old timers use "juvember" for slingshot, I grew up with "beanshooter".
In your neck of the woods, did the mouths have teeth?

Just sayin'...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Always bothered me when newbies asked questions on forums that could've been answered with a little reading. Now, I'm a newbie in the realm of slingshots. This glossary and the Slingshot 101 video have answered soooo many questions I had.

·
Super Moderator
7,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Glad it helped you Bud!

Reactions: Tremoside

·
Registered
130 Posts
What about illustrations of different attachment methods? There’s plain old forks with maybe a groove to tie on to. Perfectly round forks (the most basic Dennis The Menace natty in the back pocket) you tie onto. Forks with a hole and a thin slice that you pull a looped band through. You got gypsy tabs and Ocularis plugs. Then there’s those slingshots with a round metal post sticking up from each fork end(how the hell do you attach to that?!?). Square forks and rectangle forks. Rectangle forks that go horizontal or vertical. That weird Spanish loop embedded in the fork. Tubes you pull through a hole and stick ball bearings in. Tubes you pull onto horizontal posts (like your classic wrist rocket). There’s bars and clips you pinch bands with. And probably a dozen more I’m forgetting.

·
Super Moderator
7,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
I'll have to go over the glossary. Seems we have to add a few additions!

101 - 120 of 138 Posts