Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
We have a sticky here somewhere about general legality of slingshots in various states, but how about one in this section specifically dealing with slingshot hunting?

I'll start. Arizona: slingshots are legal for hunting the animals listed under the Slingshot column (3rd from right) on page 97 of This Document. No restrictions on the types of slingshots or ammo that can be used.

edit: Could also include slingshot hunting laws from other countries, as well.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
We have a sticky here somewhere about general legality of slingshots in various states, but how about one in this section specifically dealing with slingshot hunting?

I'll start. Arizona: slingshots are legal for hunting the animals listed under the Slingshot column (3rd from right) on page 97 of This Document. No restrictions on the types of slingshots or ammo that can be used.

edit: Could also include slingshot hunting laws from other countries, as well.
i guess im next
New York: slingshots are legal, but wrist rockets are banned in general. as far as i know you can hunt any animal that is legal to hunt with a gun/bow. please correct me if im worng(i have a tendancy to do that
)

·
Tex-shooter
4,461 Posts
A slingshot is not an authorized weapon in Texas; however you can hunt non protected game as long as you have a valid hunting license. A few non protected animals are rabbits, ground squirrels, and pigeons. -- Tex

Reactions: hoggy

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
Guys could we make this by country? Unfortunately not everyone on these forums is from America.

Reactions: hoggy

·
Registered
330 Posts
Guys could we make this by country? Unfortunately not everyone on these forums is from America.
I thought you guys weren't allowed to carry a sharp pencil
Our cops yell "STOP OUR I'LL SHOOT!" Your officers of the law yell, "STOP OR I'LL YELL STOP AGAIN!"
:stickpoke:

All kidding aside our states are run very much like individual countries when it comes to the law.

So, as for California:

Slingshots are not a legal method of take for fur- bearing animals, game-birds, or big game. The only exception is varmints (jackrabbits, ground squirrels, rats, coyotes,...) Crows actualy have a season in CA.
Song birds are illegal to hunt.

·
1,414 Posts
Our cops yell "STOP OUR I'LL SHOOT!" Your officers of the law yell, "STOP OR I'LL YELL STOP AGAIN!"

All kidding aside our states are run very much like individual countries when it comes to the law.

So, as for California:

Slingshots are not a legal method of take for fur- bearing animals, game-birds, or big game. The only exception is varmints (jackrabbits, ground squirrels, rats, coyotes,...) Crows actualy have a season in CA.
[/quote]
Yes, I was aware of that, it's always perplexed me a little to be honest...
As for cops over here, that's not far from the truth. A while back they introduced a new type of Police Officer called a PCSO (Police Community Support Officer,) they don't even have the power of arrest!

Reactions: hoggy and Brights

·
Registered
330 Posts

So, as for California:

[/quote]
Yes, I was aware of that, it's always perplexed me a little to be honest...
As for cops over here, that's not far from the truth. A while back they introduced a new type of Police Officer called a PCSO (Police Community Support Officer,) they don't even have the power of arrest!

[/quote]

He would need the same slogan on his car that the cop on South Park has. Instead of "To protect and serve" is should say "To pester and annoy" !

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I noted in my original post that this thread could include slingshot hunting laws from other countries, as well, but after thinking about it some more it seems like that could get pretty cumbersome and confusing, so...I'm going to suggest keeping this thread USA specific.
I admit I'm not sure how to handle the subject of international laws, so I'll leave that to one of out smarter members.

·
1,414 Posts
I noted in my original post that this thread could include slingshot hunting laws from other countries, as well, but after thinking about it some more it seems like that could get pretty cumbersome and confusing, so...I'm going to suggest keeping this thread USA specific.
I admit I'm not sure how to handle the subject of international laws, so I'll leave that to one of out smarter members.
I think a sticky might be in order!
*Beckons Moderator*

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, I was thinking that, but should it be one monster thread covering every other country on Earth (and all their individual states, provinces, etc.), or a thread for each country, or a thread for Europe, another one for Asia, etc. You can see now why it's hard to know exactly how to set such a thing up.

·
1,414 Posts
if someone wants to know about their country they can make a post
Sounds like the easiest way to handle it.

I tend to overanalyze these things, I guess...

[/quote]
Well that will be OK for now, but it may be a good idea to make a stick compiling the laws in the future if hunting proves more popular...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.