Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took this bird on a mooch today,theres over 100 of them nesting in the tops of the mature beach trees, i had been asked by the land owner to thin the corvids out for the reasons of crop protection and public health ,this one was a brancher,60 feet up and 15 yards away,the ,44 cal shot hit it in the chest,penetrating the cavity causing massive trauma,it was dead before it hit the ground.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
That was an impressive shot and impressive kinetic energy.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
What is a corvid...is it like a crow or something ?

·
Banned
1,015 Posts
Went fishing yesterday and were we go there are allot of water moccasins so I take a slingshot with me as air rifles and firearms are not allowed well got two think I just stunned them tho because they went back under the rocks. going again today will take my camera encase I get a kill.

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,426 Posts
Impressive shooting! After seeing that I think I will have to get my hands on some lead, how far in did it go, or did you not eat it?

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,426 Posts
very nice shootin! did you eat that cuz lead inside your meal dosent sound very safe
Most hunters use lead if you think about it, so there must be some way around it...

·
Registered
331 Posts
very nice shootin! did you eat that cuz lead inside your meal dosent sound very safe
Come on boys, don't you hunt!?! Shotgun shot is lead (upland hunting), rifle and pistole bullets are lead. Just remove the bullets/ shot/ or balls and eat it. It's not like led releases poison into the meat! Lead is only bad if you injest it directly and over a long period of time or if food is exposed a long time to lead oxide like in old time cans. Look up preperation of game animals on the Internet for more information. Also you need to know how to clean and skin/ pluck your game, and how to keep it fresh. It's easy once someone shows ya how. I'll look it up on youtube to see if they have a good tutorial on the subject.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Come on boys, don't you hunt!?! Shotgun shot is lead (upland hunting), rifle and pistole bullets are lead. Just remove the bullets/ shot/ or balls and eat it. It's not like led releases poison into the meat! Lead is only bad if you injest it directly and over a long period of time or if food is exposed a long time to lead oxide like in old time cans. Look up preperation of game animals on the Internet for more information. Also you need to know how to clean and skin/ pluck your game, and how to keep it fresh. It's easy once someone shows ya how. I'll look it up on youtube to see if they have a good tutorial on the subject.
[/quote]

oh i never though about that, yes i do hunt, 2 for 2 on turkeys an got my first deer last year. also have killed alot of squirells. i cant wait for September to bring my slingshot and test it out on the squirrels. i hope to get evan into hunting with a gun

·
Registered
331 Posts
[/quote]

oh i never though about that, yes i do hunt, 2 for 2 on turkeys an got my first deer last year. also have killed alot of squirells. i cant wait for September to bring my slingshot and test it out on the squirrels. i hope to get evan into hunting with a gun
[/quote]

I thought for sure you guys were hunters!
I lived outside of Goshen, NY down in Orange County from the age of 11-18. We could hunt in the backyard! It's way harder in California!

Happy hunting! Oh and pigeon is not bad at all; it tastes like chicken.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts