Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi SlingshotForum friends!!

I present another homemade slingshot. Again carved in cork oak wood with saw and carving knife and finished with linseed oil and shellac. This time was a especial fork that I've catched on my last batch of cork oak forks. This one was in trasition for spalting, yet the wood maintained a considerable strength. So, with the finishing, this fork acquired a nice honey-like coloration, which reminded me of some wood pieces they carve in the North African handicraft ...hence the name "Moroccan"

Hope you like it!! Thanks for watching.

Cheers ...Q

Attachments

· Registered
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is PERFECT! :bowdown:
I see you are still living right! :) take care and another great looking sling shot!
Man oh man... You make my favorite shooters!
My friends, thank you so much for your AWESOME comments!!!!

If I had the means to do so, I would shoot a thousand of these forks across the oceans right to you all!!! :D

...I the mean time, I'll try to make my "1000th Post Giveaway" draw as soon as possible!!

Cheers guys ...Q

· Registered
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Aaahhhhhh! Freak'in awesome. Cork Oak is awesome.
Many thanks for liking it, Beanflip!! :wave:

Cork oak is indeed fantastic for slingshot making. In the right conditions, it's a very sturdy and solid material, yet light and easy to carve. It receives well oils and other finishing products. However, you have to pick it in the right time because once in the ground, it's very prone to fungus and decay.

Cheers ...Q

· Registered
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Stellar bro! Another fine beauty! That fork gap carving is top notch! Such a nice piece with great coloration. Take it easy Q-Man!!!!
Hey!!! If isn't the genius man!!!! How you doin'?? Hope all is well with you ;)

Many thanks for your appreciation ...always important to me, my friend!!

Looking forward to hear from you and your work.

Best regards to you and yours ...Q

:wave:

· Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Another beauty from the Q-man. The oak grain you have in Europe is quite stunning and more pronounced to anything I have found here in the States. Add your touch of skill and craftsmanship, well, simply beautiful. Toque de mestre. g

Reactions: Quercusuber
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.