Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Everyone!!!!

Here's one latest slingshot I've made. Of a small/medium size with a rather long handle, suitable for finger brace or hammer grip styles. Made with carving knife and sandpaper on cork oak (Quercus suber) wood, it was finished with linseed oil and shellac. It sports a set of Tex-Shooter latex bands and a leather pouch, homemade by a friend.

It's shape, initially, reminded me of a chicken wishbone!! So, I called her "Wishbone" :)

Hope you like it!!

Thanks for watching ...Q

Attachments

· Registered
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I try to live right, Rapidray :D

Many thanks for your feedback!! This one was not been tried yet, but it's more a right hand holder than left.

Nevertheless, I think I'm gonna shoot it fine!!

Cheers ...Q

· The King of Kings ...There is only 1...
1,652 Posts
Great looking slinger shape and finish are great.

Reactions: Quercusuber

· Registered
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Man that's a looker! Great work.. ;)
Sweet slinger buddy! What a looker! That one has such a nice shape
Oh that's lovely !
This is a beauty!

I like the long handle for hammer grip option.
That's a great looking shooter. I am jealous!
Great looking slinger shape and finish are great.
Thank you all for your comments guys (and girl!!!!) :D

Since I've registered in these Forums, I've encountered nothing but encouragement and friendship from it's members :wave:

By the way, this was one of the simplest and prettiest that I've lately carved. Actually, pictures don't do it full justice. I guess that's one aspect that I have to study: photography :D

Cheers to all ...Q

· Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Another beautiful piece of work. I admire your talent Q-man. And as usual the cork oak, pleasing to the eye. Well done. Um abencoado domingo para voce.

Reactions: Quercusuber

· Registered
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Another beautiful piece of work. I admire your talent Q-man. And as usual the cork oak, pleasing to the eye. Well done. Um abencoado domingo para voce.
Thanks a lot, my friend!!!

Actually, my Sunday was good :) It was the weather here that has been very bad. Lots and lots of rain and strong wind. Hence no shooting today :banghead:

Cheers ...Q

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.