Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Saturday it was revealed by an angry mob at work that 'perhaps' I had a ricochet or five bounce off of light pole at 20m and apply what 'appeared' to be small clay ammo like impact-dent marks at the said five locations on two vehicles.
It wasn't a coincidence that both vehicles were built with very low grade semi-metal panels and were parked at my 5 o'clock which put them in a precarious location akin to my intended target.
On Monday I receive a pro-dent popper kit instead of a new slingshot. I in fact have not shot since Saturday and believe I have a psychosomatic shoulder tear that it dogging my release and giving me a case of the yipps.
You may chastise, or commiserate, or donate to my demise and help me find my form again.
All of your help is appreciated. Here is a photo from the inside of my Slingjail Cell. Thanks for helping me get this off my chest. MM
cbc94a703401d49091152723d269688a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
The Mohave Tattler

Police Blotter

CSI (Criminal Slingshot Investigations) mobilized at 17:43 on the report of possible criminal slingshot activities at or near the parking lot of an unnamed facility (to protect it from copy-cat incidents). Officers on scene noted dents in private passenger vehicles parked in a perpendicular radius to a light pole commonly used for target practice. However, officers were unable to correlate dents with any known ammo size. Detective Nick Brass and Forensic Pathologist Dr. Lacey Loveless located the remnants of hail from an earlier storm. Suspect detained but officers unable to determine whether or not his slingshot was recently fired. Also frame size and band wear patterns indicated inherent inaccuracy, slingshot most likely pulled to the right and impact pattern was to the left. Suspect received a stern warning and agreed with suggestion to take a firearm safety class. Crime scene cleared. No additional activity.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The Mohave Tattler
Police Blotter

CSI (Criminal Slingshot Investigations) mobilized at 17:43 on the report of possible criminal slingshot activities at or near the parking lot of an unnamed facility (to protect it from copy-cat incidents). Officers on scene noted dents in private passenger vehicles parked in a perpendicular radius to a light pole commonly used for target practice. However, officers were unable to correlate dents with any known ammo size. Detective Nick Brass and Forensic Pathologist Dr. Lacey Loveless located the remnants of hail from an earlier storm. Suspect detained but officers unable to determine whether or not his slingshot was recently fired. Also frame size and band wear patterns indicated inherent inaccuracy, slingshot most likely pulled to the right and impact pattern was to the left. Suspect received a stern warning and agreed with suggestion to take a firearm safety class. Crime scene cleared. No additional activity.
"Nick Brass n Lacey Loveless" lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
Are they fancy lookin cars? My last car was so ugly that if someone dented it, it usually popped out some other dent. Sorry to hear about your luck Mo. I too have a penchant for shooting clay at neighborhood light poles. The "PING" noise and puff of smoke is truly enjoyable. I shall endeavor to profit from your story and prevent such things from happening in my neck of the woods.

As for the yips, it does sound like you've got a mental block. I had the same issue when I subbed as a catcher for half a season in baseball (starter broke his hand). I was gun-shy of getting hit with the ball, and the only way I got over it was by kneeling down and letting the pitcher skip a couple dozen balls off the ground into my chest and face. Took care of the nerves right away. Using that logic, if you're afraid of hitting a car accidentally, the only way to get over is to hit a car. I recommend something with a large side profile, maybe a truck or van. Just put a couple in each door and you'll be feeling better in no time. Besides, you've already got the dent remover...

*Any chance you could blame this on hail? I know it's the desert, but weather's been weird this year...

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
It's just another example of "man-made global warming". 11.5 years this planet won't be the same as now... cold north of the equator and hot south of it... Antarctic melting while the Arctic freezes

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
I say let the punishment fit the crime ! :angrymod:

I think your fine should be, send 10 members a frame of your choice!! I'M IN!
This sounds fair. I volunteer to be one of the 10 :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts