Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
~Pouch Maker~
15,472 Posts
Looks good idea...

@1:40min looks pouch is not equally break in middle - I don't know how it effect the accuracy...

BTW, any link to get one release like that ?

·
Banned
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@E-Shot - I haven't tested it at all in regards to accuracy as of yet. I probably won't even use it much because mechanical releases aren't allowed in competition.

There was another thread about mechanical releases and when I saw it I just figured I'd try to put something together. It's cheap, it works and if you play around with it a bit I bet it would be
quite accurate.

The only real expense is the pouch.

As far as the release goes, You can find them at Dicks, Sports Authority, any archery shop, Ebay, or online.

I found one that would work fine on amazon here >> http://www.amazon.com/Tru-Fire-Patriot-Adult-Black-Release/dp/B000KKD3G8

·
Resigned
1,071 Posts
Hi Guys i have had some bother with holding and realease,Arthur in my fingers.
I now turn the pouch to the side-works great no pain and swelling.

·
Banned
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Lightgeo - thats a great idea. I'm also thinking of maybe 2 small holes in the pouch equal distances from the center with a d-loop tied in. I have to go to my archery guy this week for arrows and I'm going to see if he can work something up. The guys a master with the bows and shoots with team Martin so I'm sure he should be able to figure something out.

·
Registered
116 Posts
You could figure 8 the D Loop string so one loop on each side of ammo and crossed at the back of the pouch. You ould also use two loops and run them both through a small piece thin tubing like shrink tubing for the release to hold onto.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts