Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Fun. 2. Associating with like minded members 3. Collecting slingshots 4. Crafting slingshots 5. Learning how to find that one special setup. 6. Accuracy???? I put accuracy last, because As TreeFork told me a few years back, “have FUN and the accuracy will improve???????? I could be wrong, but I feel there are some amazing members that may think everyone is a sharp shooter???????? I can definitely say I am not a sharp shooter, but I have FUN???? Due to this Forum, I have learned a ton of information concerning slingshots and shooting them. I’ve met and became acquainted with genuine sincere people for which Im grateful. And last but not least, I’ve learned a lot of humor from several fun loving members???????? Just once Id like to hear of someone post they hit that one target they have been trying to hit quite awhile???? They used to have a competition to see how many shots out of five we could put in a circle the size of the bottom of a soda can.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I also shoot for fun over accuracy. Its cool when you do connect regularly though.
Yeah, it all depends. I wish I could take a carefree approach, but fun, for me, is simply trying to continually improve. To be honest, only lately, this last week, did I manage to actually have fun, in the way you all mean it, and this because I just overcame a plateau, made a jump in accuracy/consistency, and I just let fly with full confidence in each and every shot.
Thank god I am taking up archery too, I was afraid I would run out of things to torture me ????????????????

·
Super Moderator
6,679 Posts
Well said Tag!

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
On my lunch break today, I threw my empty soda can in the grass and started shooting it with clay pellets. They won't tear through it, but had enough impact to make it jump 6 inches. I chased it around for a good 10 minutes before going back in. I find that type of shooting a lot more fun than seriously shooting a target. It's just relaxation, mediation, and a little destruction to appeal to the child in you. So idea: What if you had a race to knock your can (or target of choice) across a finish line? Not only would you need to be accurate, but quick too. And strategy comes into play with your angles, going for maximum can jumping distance!

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
On my lunch break today, I threw my empty soda can in the grass and started shooting it with clay pellets. They won't tear through it, but had enough impact to make it jump 6 inches. I chased it around for a good 10 minutes before going back in. I find that type of shooting a lot more fun than seriously shooting a target. It's just relaxation, mediation, and a little destruction to appeal to the child in you. So idea: What if you had a race to knock your can (or target of choice) across a finish line? Not only would you need to be accurate, but quick too. And strategy comes into play with your angles, going for maximum can jumping distance!
as kids we used pine cones and raced them this way,it was a lot of fun,now we got aluminium cans though :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts