Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an improved beefed up version of the Original FlatTop Shooter. It is very simple to put flat bands or tubes. It is Beautiful and shoots Great. Being a FlatTop Shooter it tends to shoot a little higher than with forks but that is easy to adjust to. Thank you Btoon this is an Awesome Handcrafted Shooter.
Many Thanks to You Btoon,
Dgui / Pfshooter

http://youtu.be/BNh_DFUqdCA

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
Great shooting! Man I wish I could get the hang of that type of shooting!
So far just skinned hand. LOL

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
WOW!! Darrell, you the man! Thanks for posting this video, made my day bud. So cool to see you enjoying the slingshot and even cooler to see you zinging' quarters outta the sky with it! Amazing sir!

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Nice review dgui. I think that It is guided element of the twisted pouch that causes it to shoot a little higher. A very narrow fork shoots a little higher than a wide one for me also. I have noticed that I shoot quite a bit higher with no fork at all. -- Tex

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool beans. What causes it to shoot high?
Got the reason for it shooting high. Since I point towards the target with the frame nearly laying flat it is the increase in thickness that causes it to shoot higher than the 1/8th and 1/4 inch frames that I tend to use. The thicker the fork or forks the higher the impact.

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice review dgui. I think that It is guided element of the twisted pouch that causes it to shoot a little higher. A very narrow fork shoots a little higher than a wide one for me also. I have noticed that I shoot quite a bit higher with no fork at all. -- Tex
Hey Tex I should have read your answer before I answered in my previous post. So there are more than one reason for this action.

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
Cool beans. What causes it to shoot high?
Got the reason for it shooting high. Since I point towards the target with the frame nearly laying flat it is the increase in thickness that causes it to shoot higher than the 1/8th and 1/4 inch frames that I tend to use. The thicker the fork or forks the higher the impact.
[/quote]I have noticed that, but couldn't put my finger on it. The pfs I got from a trade with Sean is twice the thickness of most pfs I have. It took me a few shots with it to get dialed in. I broke one that pawpaw made that was very thick. Laser guided accuracy with it's very narrow forks, but it shot a tad high too. Thanks for the info.

You too, Tex! You're a Texas spring of knowledge, sir.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts