Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,513 Posts
I made one for a guy a few years ago. It was all one piece. Having never carved one before, I had no idea how thick too make it (he also wanted a spear point at the bottom of the shaft). If I were to do it again, the Slingshot part would be detachable. The idea was to be able to shoot real fast while walking and the shaft would act as a tripod or steadying agent. We didn't take into consideration that everything is not on the same plane
It was fun though! Flatband

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
I made one for a guy a few years ago. It was all one piece. Having never carved one before, I had no idea how thick too make it (he also wanted a spear point at the bottom of the shaft). If I were to do it again, the Slingshot part would be detachable. The idea was to be able to shoot real fast while walking and the shaft would act as a tripod or steadying agent. We didn't take into consideration that everything is not on the same plane
It was fun though! Flatband

Thats a really nice job you done there, i made one with a small fork so it would be hid in the hand while out walking, so when poaching no one knows what you are doing, mine was a long branch with a fork, it took some time to find, but that one you made is as nice as a peice of art, love it, jeff

·
Registered
37 Posts
I started making one recently as my next project, it seemed natural for me, making walking sticks and now slingshots. I refer to mine as a hillbilly multitool. I am making it out of ironwood that is quite straight with a lovely fork at the top. Mine is also more of a walking staff and when held after finishing should be as tall as my arm when outstretched.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts