Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I am correct, this forum is now having more posts (12,300 +) than any other slingshot focussed forum (I know off). This happened in a rather short time frame, less than one year.

Congrats, Aaron, you're the man!

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,516 Posts
This is the only slingshot forum I visit now. Aaron IS the man. But so are you Joerg.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
It's a great success. I am most impressed by the number of active members. We should register at big-boards.com as there are no other slingshot forums on there yet.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I really do believe people get more rich in being "unconventional" having other things in mind than just money, cars, football, houses and swimming pools...
Richness means freedom of mind, speech, and the relevancy in ideas, assuming all this works as you said is due to people gathering 'round Aaron, you've been along, Jörg (with all members) a pillar of all this, and more..., a real trigger for many people to understand and love "the true art of shooting"...amongst some (few) others.
What is amazing, about this forum, is that rookies like me are somehow entitled to adress to champions like you, Texas shooter, Flatband, Aaron, Smitty, ZDP, Melchior, Thorsten....(and I passeconsors here, sorry, lads...)
... To honorable makers ( I won't list them for the same reason I just mentionned). "Magic of the web" I guess.
As I said, Rufus Hussey was the man that woke this up to my mind and memory...
Long live this forum and community!
Thanks to you all!

Hugues

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
I really do believe people get more rich in being "unconventional" having other things in mind than just money, cars, football, houses and swimming pools...
Richness means freedom of mind, speech, and the relevancy in ideas, assuming all this works as you said is due to people gathering 'round Aaron, you've been along, Jörg (with all members) a pillar of all this, and more..., a real trigger for many people to understand and love "the true art of shooting"...amongst some (few) others.
What is amazing, about this forum, is that rookies like me are somehow entitled to adress to champions like you, Texas shooter, Flatband, Aaron, Smitty, ZDP, Melchior, Thorsten....(and I passeconsors here, sorry, lads...)
... To honorable makers ( I won't list them for the same reason I just mentionned). "Magic of the web" I guess.
As I said, Rufus Hussey was the man that woke this up to my mind and memory...
Long live this forum and community!
Thanks to you all!

Hugues
I wouldn't rate myself at the level of the other Champions, but I make up for it in enthusiasm. Thanks for the compliment!

·
Registered
73 Posts
You're welcome mate, as a "polymer laminated fan" myself, I do reckon we haven't said our last word yet...

My think was sincere.

·
SSF Founder
5,225 Posts
Gee, thanks guys! I am glad that the site is growing like it is! The slingshot community needed a great place to gather and share information. I am really glad that you have chosen my site as the place for that. The reality is, I dont deserve the credit.... each and every one of the members here do! So, my thanks go out to you guys!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Aaron , you did start this thing "from scratch", was that just "intuition"... if it's the case , you were right!
Sorry pal, it just kind of "went wright" ... support you here!

·
SSF Founder
5,225 Posts
Yep, I got into slingshots and was annoyed that there wasn't a good community of experts out there, so I decided to make my own site!

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,516 Posts
Now if there would be more nationwide shoots .... I haven't heard of any in or around New Hampshire.

·
Super Moderator
6,637 Posts
A real solid "Job Well Done" to Aaron and to Joerg also for noticing the amount of traffic this forum gets. Excellent Forum and the Slingshot world really needed it too! Thanks! Flatband

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is a great forum. Everybody is helpful and supportive. I stopped going to my favorite traditional archery forums because some of the people there were very negative.
Everybody keep up the good work and have fun.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
I'd like to mention one thing that disappoints me a bit. If we have 500 members or so , why don't more of us vote when we have the chance? I think it is great fun to have slingshot making competitions every month and it would thrill me if we had a major turnout in the voting as well as more people making slingshots to vote on. All ideas for slingshot designs are good ones and just because someone is "new" to the forum doesn't mean they can't put one up for a nomination. I'd love to see some really "far-out" forked sticks to vote on.
I too really enjoy this bunch of people who get together to share ideas about all things called slingshots.
Would be super cool if we could get some more tournaments to go to.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
I'm content that there may be a silent majority of lurkers. Yes, I'd very much encourage everyone to participate, but it's not everyone's style. I'd bet the forum reaches more than the 500 members and that a lot of people are reading while not signed up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.