Slingshots Forum banner
121 - 140 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
we must be from different worlds. id send a bullet, if someone thought to assault me twice.
Before you reach for your gun, you should first, consider just what you did that got you the first a$$ whipping...then you must consider if you wish to report it to the police or a lawyer(civil suit) and receive another lesson in comprehension.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Before you reach for your gun, you should first, consider just what you did that got you the first a$$ whipping...then you must consider if you wish to report it to the police or a lawyer(civil suit) and receive another lesson in comprehension.
totally in support of deserved ass whoopings. if someone goes overboard on the first whooping then maybe its not wrong to go to press charges. ive been in those groups where a guy looks at someone wrong and that alone causes a brawl. before you know it someones getting kicked in the head till their bleeding from the ear canals. those style and maybe not even as extreme are when id have no problem pressing charges. roughing someone up with a few hits to the face etc are justified imo. but theres always dudes that want to just keep swinging when they have obviously already handled the situation.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
totally in support of deserved ass whoopings. if someone goes overboard on the first whooping then maybe its not wrong to go to press charges. ive been in those groups where a guy looks at someone wrong and that alone causes a brawl. before you know it someones getting kicked in the head till their bleeding from the ear canals. those style and maybe not even as extreme are when id have no problem pressing charges. roughing someone up with a few hits to the face etc are justified imo. but theres always dudes that want to just keep swinging when they have obviously already handled the situation.
What you describe are Ruffians, I speak of Country Gentleman.

·
Registered
42 Posts
yeah totally cant be ready for all of course thats an impossibility. i wouldnt pull my slingshot before a blade in defense but even someone who can scrap more than me in a scenario might catch a good one and then again stab you with it. what's beyond me is most think of knife as self defense like they even know what to do with a knife besides slice and stab. imo pulling a knife and not knowing what to do with it is partially asking for your attacker to stab you with it if he gets a chance. especially if it started unarmed of course. too may scenarios to count of course but most people carrying a knife think they are rambo.
Again I completely agree with this, and there are again far better options than this.

It is difficult here though to obtain items that you could use to defend yourself though. Of course there are the walking sticks and umbrellas etc... That others have already pointed out although you run the same risk, to a higher degree in my opinion as it would be far easier to take given the fact that you can hold on to the weapon itself instead of having to grab the wrist / arm behind the weapon. Also a 3 ft stick would be far slower to use than the knife.

Anything that's actually designed for self defence is illegal here, pepper spray and tasers are probably the most effect less lethal means of self defence, both of these are illegal to own, let alone carry.

The point of overconfidence is quite accurate although I think that's likely true of people who train in martial arts too, it's going to help prepare you but may encourage you to stick around in a situation that you would be better fleeing from.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Agree with you all,
For self-defense, confidence plays an important part than any weapon are you using. Confident and smart people easily takes decisions about any attacks in any situation. Also, a flashlight helps more quickly to distract the enemy by throwing light on the eyes.

·
Registered
our only competition is death
215 Posts
depends on the scenario. guy grabs you from behind and you might not get ahold of anything you need that fast. unless you train for these scenarios and stay sharp theres too many things that could happen. whether a knife is more viable etc all depends on the particulars. hell there is scenarios where a dude running at you from 200 plus feet away you might just pull off a saving grace shot from a sling, although unlikely. Hell your knife is a gamble too a fighter might reverse stab you with your own blade. thats why theres nothing thats exactly right besides training for each situation.
An OTF has 0.0 to do with gamble, pulled that out since the scenario needed it to do so. Ended the conflict/discussion :)

It's over once they see the blade going in and out from the handle and hear the sound. You're right,training is the non plus ultra. I train myself on full contact fighting, no matter who I asked so far, MMA guys, judo, krav maga you name it on an fight where someone pulls a knife: If you can, escape the scene.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
If a big fat guy pulls a knife on a thin fit guy the best option would be to run and gain distance on him, then turn, take out your catty and begin target practice, believe me after a couple of good hit to the legs or torso that guy is going to lay down his knife if you keep doing the same, he will be in so much pain when the shock sets in he has lost long before he can use his knife.

·
Registered
58 Posts
An OTF has 0.0 to do with gamble, pulled that out since the scenario needed it to do so. Ended the conflict/discussion :)

It's over once they see the blade going in and out from the handle and hear the sound. You're right,training is the non plus ultra. I train myself on full contact fighting, no matter who I asked so far, MMA guys, judo, krav maga you name it on an fight where someone pulls a knife: If you can, escape the scene.
never said people who know how to fight would want to combatant someone with a blade. im saying unless you can use that blade people might "run away" as you put it, or you might end up getting stabbed by your own blade. theres no definitive here. if your in the wrong place wrong time and brandish a knife at me with intent and im close enough to draw my handgun, well paint the rest of the picture. plus i know lots of folks in areas you cant own or conceal and that doesnt stop them from doing so. so go popping that knife around and the dude in front of you pulls his pistol.... that makes a otf knife look like an eating utensil and sure if you want to try to badass brandish your knife thats on you, hopefully that day someone doesnt pull a bigger stick on you.

·
Banned
1,476 Posts
1. The only way you can use a slingshot for self-defense is if you chuck it at someone's head. Make sure your slingshot is heavy and metallic.

2. Buy a .25 "lady pistol". Put it in your underwear or worse.

3. Walk around with a dog. Dogs are awesome. Nobody is going to mess with you.

4. Walk around with your mom. Moms are awesome. Nobody is going to mess with you.

5. Wear a kilt. Nobody is going to even try and beat you up in case you are not wearing underwear.

·
Registered
215 Posts
never said people who know how to fight would want to combatant someone with a blade. im saying unless you can use that blade people might "run away" as you put it, or you might end up getting stabbed by your own blade. theres no definitive here. if your in the wrong place wrong time and brandish a knife at me with intent and im close enough to draw my handgun, well paint the rest of the picture. plus i know lots of folks in areas you cant own or conceal and that doesnt stop them from doing so. so go popping that knife around and the dude in front of you pulls his pistol.... that makes a otf knife look like an eating utensil and sure if you want to try to badass brandish your knife thats on you, hopefully that day someone doesnt pull a bigger stick on you.
You may have missed I don't live in the US, no guns here in Austria unless you active duty.
Completely usless comment :D

·
Registered
215 Posts
apologize if im the one being the clown to the forum. debating opinions thats all.
Would like to carry a gun myself, believe me I'm jealous that you can in most States in the US. 😁 We can own one here, but needs to be in an safe all the time and no rounds allowed loaded in it. Everything separate 😏

·
Registered
58 Posts
Would like to carry a gun myself, believe me I'm jealous that you can in most States in the US. 😁 We can own one here, but needs to be in an safe all the time and no rounds allowed loaded in it. Everything separate 😏
its nice to carry but yeah just have to watch who else here might be carrying and whatnot. the rules are similar here depending on the state you reside, i know alot of people without the permit to carry who do even though its illegal here. its almost a blessing and a curse you know

·
Registered
215 Posts
its nice to carry but yeah just have to watch who else here might be carrying and whatnot. the rules are similar here depending on the state you reside, i know alot of people without the permit to carry who do even though its illegal here. its almost a blessing and a curse you know
I can only imagine.
Long time ago (begin of 90's) my dad was in the States to work. In 6 months he went down the west coast, loved it. Met a couple who invited him to their house to stay there for a few days, even though they left for holidays.

As if that was not already crazy enough to let an basically unknown person stay in your house, the very first thing they showed him is where the guns where kept, nothing hidden an all loaded and ready.

Shows how different people are and how they approach things. For him, and for me still ridiculous to handle with such an easy. 😁

·
Read Only
0 Posts
In the USA the states who have less public guns have the highest crime rates.

Top Ten

1. District of Columbia5,416.09
2. New Mexico3,944.96
3. Alaska3,777.89
4. Louisiana3,711.29
5. South Carolina3,451.58
6. Arkansas3,442. 67
7. Oklahoma3,277.08
8. Tennessee3,247.83
9. Alabama3,185.26
10. Missouri3,133.66

The Swiss have the best gun laws, they still allow ex military to keep their rifles at home.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Again I completely agree with this, and there are again far better options than this.

It is difficult here though to obtain items that you could use to defend yourself though. Of course there are the walking sticks and umbrellas etc... That others have already pointed out although you run the same risk, to a higher degree in my opinion as it would be far easier to take given the fact that you can hold on to the weapon itself instead of having to grab the wrist / arm behind the weapon. Also a 3 ft stick would be far slower to use than the knife.

Anything that's actually designed for self defence is illegal here, pepper spray and tasers are probably the most effect less lethal means of self defence, both of these are illegal to own, let alone carry.

The point of overconfidence is quite accurate although I think that's likely true of people who train in martial arts too, it's going to help prepare you but may encourage you to stick around in a situation that you would be better fleeing from.
I could send you a video of a 3 foot 'stick' being faster than a knife. An old shipmate from the Coast Guard put a Blackswift thru the paces this past summer. A person with a knife would not stand a chance against that fiberglass 'stick'.

121 - 140 of 180 Posts