Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Small Diameter Tex Shooter Tubes are so FAST! No trouble blowing through both sides of an unopened Campbells Soup can. Campbells Soup cans are especially hard cans.

http://youtu.be/AnXtXmbjlIk

·
Shooter
688 Posts
RAW POWER!!!

·
Over 9001 Warning Points!
2,089 Posts
seeing that can's brains hanging out made me hungry.

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
Yup, love those tubes!

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
Just about to sit down and put on a new set myself. They don't last long in the heat and the sun.

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just about to sit down and put on a new set myself. They don't last long in the heat and the sun.
Depending on the abuse 3 to 5 hundred shots and another factor to getting speed/power and adding additional time on the tubes has to do with how quickly the release happens. The quicker the release the better it is.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
I think Cap is talking about UV damage. The thinner the rubber the faster the UV damage from the sun. Remember to always keep your Bands in a cool dark place when not shooting. If carrying a slingshot with you keep it in as dark of a place as possible. When I carry one, I like to carry mine in my sock under my pants. In cooler weather I carry mine in reach through front sweat shirt pocket. At home I keep shooting slingshot on the floor In a tin container, The rubber that I sell I keep in the refrigerator, but do not freeze. -- Tex

·
Registered
461 Posts
One texan beatup 8 Chinese, how could this possible. same distance , same ammo .

can on left hits more than 10 time did not penetrade.

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
I think Cap is talking about UV damage. The thinner the rubber the faster the UV damage from the sun. Remember to always keep your Bands in a cool dark place when not shooting. If carrying a slingshot with you keep it in as dark of a place as possible. When I carry one, I like to carry mine in my sock under my pants. In cooler weather I carry mine in reach through front sweat shirt pocket. At home I keep shooting slingshot on the floor In a tin container, The rubber that I sell I keep in the refrigerator, but do not freeze. -- Tex
That's good to know, Bill. I have been keeping your sheets in a ziplock in a cabinet and tubing in a stainless gasketed cylinder. Neither are in the fridge.
I'm gonna put them in and see if Heather notices.... I keep my shooters in my pocket, cause I don't wear shoes and socks. Let alone pants. I even wear shorts and flip flops to church. I thank God that He's not into fashion.
Florida Rocks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts