Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,905 Posts
Let me start by saying this is not the best shooting I've ever done. I know lots of guys here are better shots than I am. This isn't about trying to "show off", it's to share my ideas. I'm not used to doing this kind of shooting outdoors in the cold and it seemed to throw me off a bit. Still, this is something I posted about last month here and now I have a video to go with it.
Hope you like it!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Yes have to agree shooting really small targets does improve you quite rapidly I use the english one pence peice. but also shoot cans just for the fun of ripping them up.

·
Premium Member
7,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MJ you pushed me over the edge. I have been saving Iced tea bottle tops. I will give them a try. the quarter seems a little too small at this point.
I started with Starbucks bottle lids, same difference. They're fun because you can put holes in them!

·
Premium Member
7,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The thing I like about shooting a small object as opposed to a small spot on a paper target is that there's no such thing as "close enough". On the rare occasion that I shoot targets if I get close to a circle I say "alright! that was pretty close" when I shoot at a quarter I either hit it or I don't, which makes me try harder and become a better shooter.
I was just out in the garage and went 6 for 10 on my quarter at 21' with my Tex Shooter replica. Some day I will get this kind of shooting on video!

·
Registered
733 Posts
The thing I like about shooting a small object as opposed to a small spot on a paper target is that there's no such thing as "close enough". On the rare occasion that I shoot targets if I get close to a circle I say "alright! that was pretty close" when I shoot at a quarter I either hit it or I don't, which makes me try harder and become a better shooter.
I was just out in the garage and went 6 for 10 on my quarter at 21' with my Tex Shooter replica. Some day I will get this kind of shooting on video!
My best shooting only happens when no one is looking, including the camera

·
Resigned
5,547 Posts
My best shooting only happens when no one is looking, including the camera

[/quote]

You got that straight!

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
You shoot with good form. It's a plus that you can shoot with a sock hat on your head in my book. I cannot hit the broad side of a barn with a sock hat on. It interferes with my anchor point.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.