Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope Smitty doesn't thing I'm a PITA... I have been pm-ing him and asking a lot of questions and stuff because I like his style.
I watched his tubes-to-pouch video. And I asked him what tubes he likes for light-draw target shooting. He likes 1/8" ID X 1/32" latex tubes = 3/16" OD.
I ordered this from McMaster-Carr (a favorite of Flatband's).

Anyway, here's what I came up with, and I love it. Thanks, Smitty. You got good slingshot instincts.

Views of both sides of pouch:

Closeup:

Thanks, Smitty. I had a ball shooting this morning. . . How'd I do?

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Thank you guys very much for the nice comment. I got the same kind of help from Flatband, Tex, Melchior, Baumstamm, Geko, and so many others. I just totally enjoy the brotherhood of slingshot shooters world-wide.

Dayhiker, your jungle hunter looks great ! But if you find you don't like the large gap on the rings, where the tubes slip out after a shot, just slip in .050" of feeler gauge into the gap and squeeze them in a vise (with wood covering the jaws) 'till the tip just barely traps the feeler gauge. When you release the vise pressure the steel will spring back just enough to slide the gauge out. I did it to mine and they are way much more to my liking.

·
Registered
273 Posts
or just slip a 1/4 inc longer foam tube on the braces (easy to do if you previuosly dive it in alcool). The the foam will avoid the rubbers to slip out.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Smitty and Stelug, I think I'll use the vise to close the gap because I see no need for it to be so large.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.