Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the day off so I Dremeled out a couple of Pocket-Plinkers to keep in my backpack to carry back and forth to work. This way sometimes I can take the long way once in a while and spend some time shooting if I have the energy. I thought a couple of small hickory naturals would be easy to carry, without having to worry about how long they stay in the pack without any upkeep. Just made them quick and easy, no frills.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
GREAT looking forks, I'm sure you'll enjoy them.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Very pleasant forks Smitty. According to it seems that in young branches it does not leave defined the vein the walnut very. or it killed it to the varnish?

Chepo

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Not that I don't like to also shoot flats because I do. Just seems like I have more questions to answer for myself about small diameter tubes. There are enough people studying flats for me to be able to know how to use them by their efforts. I also have two flat-band slingshots in my backpack to shoot along with these two tube slingshots. Too many people told me that tubes suck, so naturally I had to see for myself. I found out that they are just as fun to shoot as flats if rigged the right way.
All I have ever shot is tubes until I found out they had slingshot forums. I just used the factory ready made tube sets and got used to the sssloooow performance. Once I heard about flats being thin and fast, I started thinking about thin and fast tubes. Then I found out about small diameter thin wall tubes and started having tons of fun playing with them.
I just like to have fun with my slingshots. I don't have to have the biggest motorcycle or the fastest car. If I'm having fun that is all that matters. Also, it has occurred to me that I should mention that we don't all have to be the same to enjoy each others company. If everyone wants the group to wear a red shirt then I will usually show up in any color other than red. Ha !
Just to help set the record straight, here is the finished slingshot pattern I'm working on, that I cut out in the U-Tube video I made this morning. If you will notice, it has flats on it. I am going to put it through field trials for a while and if it shoots as well as I think it will, I am going to start selling them to all who want to buy them. I will be making them out of multi-ply top grade plywood so they will last forever. I might offer a hardwood laminate from time to time from the same pattern.
I'm really not as hard headed and stubborn as I seem I hope...am I? Ha, Ha !

Attachments

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Nice.
Funny, I was just working on a small fork to set up that way. Won't look that good though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts