Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't any thing special just something I made about a year back Its pretty ugly but was never meant to be much of a looker. When I made this one I wanted it to be comfortable in my hand as I see that to be a big part of how well one shoots. It has bout a 5 deg. angle on the forks give or take. I dint remember who I got the idea from but its one that has worked very well for me. This is by far my best shooting and most accurate frame and I compare all other slingshots I shoot to this one. Its been in a few other posts and just thought Id put some pictures up. Thanks for looking.

·
Here to help and learn
781 Posts
I like it!.......nice an simple, yet effective and built to last.

It's sort of a bare bones metal frame compared to all of the other beauties as of late, but I've got to say I like your style. It is down to the rudimentary qualities metal can bring to a slingshot
....and you say it is your best shooter, which is true testimony to its practicality.

Also, what kind of bands are on it? Thanks for sharing..

- John

·
Banned
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bands are a byproduct of Dan's fast bands and the pouch is courtesy of dugi.I'm thinking of doing some work on this one in plywood and fiberglass to see if I can do it again.I'm glad you like it.It kind of reminds me of the GS-10.

·
Resigned
1,142 Posts
If it shoots straight enough to be your favorite, then it's a masterpiece in my book. I like it and there's a lot of good things you can say about it. You made it yourself, the cost was obviously low (probably all scrounge), it's your favorite, and the flat metal is probably a joy to put in a pocket and forget about.

Really, how many other things that we've made can we say are among our favorite possessions? Provided you don't lose it or have it stolen this one will last a lifetime. I give it two thumbs up!

·
Banned
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like to try different bands and pouches as I'm sure many others here do and when I change a band set on other frames I generally need a little time to adjust but with this frame its 1 or 2 shots. I guess that might be because the size or shape fits my hand so well not sure but it's a good theory.I do think the angle on the fork's help though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.