Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received my ammo bag from Sniper Sling along with a beautiful wood gripped folder with a damascus blade for field dressing! The knife is RAZOR sharp and has an excellent point for deboning, the finish is lovely and its very well balanced. I cant say enough about the bag, its exactly what you want: HUGE ammo storage 400 marbles easily fit I cant imagine how much steel you could carry but your arms would give out log before your ammo did. Two elastic mesh pouches, one velcro lipped side pouch and the top is an elastic loop with a toggle. The top edge of the bag is a ridgis fabric that can br loosely shaped to your liking. Gonna post a video of me using both at the farm this weekend, stay tuned!

Thanks to my pals at Snipersling.com, be well shooters!!
6d3745530cd582b1275b6555b26bae34.jpg
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
a67ef80720c37653ee9e6b37807263b1.jpg
eed3b032c128f30dd8ee54da903be0a9.jpg
738091706f9161552e3a619c3c9c7aed.jpg
3e1240074da5469cba7004e9c6871f54.jpg

Sent using two thumbs and Tapatalk.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's a handsome knife. Still enjoying the sniper frame?
Thanks pal! And yes its a lovely shooter, its my serious business shooter for when its behind the ear or bust. Ive taken 2 squirrels and 3 doves with it, all at the farm where pops frowns upon kills photos. Hes the sort who puts a sprig of mint in a fallen bucks teeth as a cereceremonial last meal, very strict set of behaviour protocol. Runnig precise red on it right now its shooting like light draw Linatex in 5°- 8° weather. :)

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's awesome!
Blades and bag are both top notch.
Thanks MJ, you dont use any fancy kit so that means something! Its a very minamalist setup, truly calls to the serious slinger. Ive got an @MakoPat PFS, a jacketed 1745 loop and my primary frame, 300 marbles, 125 3/8" steels, a game lanyard, my new folder and a trail mix bar all in this pouch! Thats what I call a go bag!

I should add, the included belt is quite functional and very secure. Wore it for 2 hours without noticing it. Again, cant say enough good about it lol.

Reactions: Tag and Ibojoe

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
I love it all! I had a bag like that but gave it to someone...
I went with a small canvas handcuff belt pouch to be less conspicuous in my urban setting.
That is a great trail setup.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Where is Sniper Sling based out of? I just placed an order and am curious how long it will take to arrive.
Hey Steve sorry I didnt see this post! It ahould be fairly quick they're in China but Ive got all my packages pretty fast. Usually about a week. Enjoy your stuff man!

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's a sweet set up Chef .I ordered so cold weather rubber from him and came with a spinner and some extra rubber to try
Thanks man! & yeah Min always hooks it up proper. This bag is the cats pjs man I LOVE it . The knife is holding its edge REAL well. :)

Reactions: 31610

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I love it all! I had a bag like that but gave it to someone...
I went with a small canvas handcuff belt pouch to be less conspicuous in my urban setting.
That is a great trail setup.
Thanks Pat! You'd probably love it were into alot of the same stuff. This thing is utilitarian as anything. I like the cuff pouch idea thats sweet. This guy is just what I needed.

·
Registered
612 Posts
For anyone looking for something similar (options are always nice), check out magazine dump bags. Usually heavy duty nylon and MOLLE compatible for hanging on a belt. They often have smaller pockets that could accommodate extra bandsets, targets, etc. I believe Sniper Sling is basically selling rebranded dump bags though I may be wrong.

Some time back I also made a post about my own makeshift shooting bag, which is an animal training dog treat bag. Very robust and has a drawstring closure like the dump bags.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
For anyone looking for something similar (options are always nice), check out magazine dump bags. Usually heavy duty nylon and MOLLE compatible for hanging on a belt. They often have smaller pockets that could accommodate extra bandsets, targets, etc. I believe Sniper Sling is basically selling rebranded dump bags though I may be wrong.

Some time back I also made a post about my own makeshift shooting bag, which is an animal training dog treat bag. Very robust and has a drawstring closure like the dump bags.
You my friend, have a sharp eye! I went out to thr farm with my new bag this past weekend. As I was shooting my older brother - who is a BIG shotgun guy - noticed my pouch. His exact words were, 'Huh. That's a clever use of a dump pouch. I use my for empty shells, Ill have to give that a try." He then proceeded to go into his truck and produce two nearly identical bags with similar pockets. I don't think Sniper Sling is consciously rebranding, but they are surely dump pouches at heart.

Well spotted!

Reactions: 3danman
1 - 20 of 23 Posts