Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
I haven’t tried it out yet, but I will as soon as I set up a target to shoot the darts at.

@Jcharmin92
@Island made
View attachment 377356
mate if that bandset was sent to you with the darts. i am curious how many shots you get with it, hopefully better than my few. i got 1 or 2 shots per bandsets on those string pouches, they where tying them way to tight. at the time they must have run out of the yellow that was supposed to come with the darts, so now i use the micro fibre dart pouches cheers

·
Registered
The Slingin’ Cock 🐔
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mate if that bandset was sent to you with the darts. i am curious how many shots you get with it, hopefully better than my few. i got 1 or 2 shots per bandsets on those string pouches, they where tying them way to tight. at the time they must have run out of the yellow that was supposed to come with the darts, so now i use the micro fibre dart pouches cheers
I will update once I try them, thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
455 Posts
That's a really nice setup.
You may want to add a second tie to the bands a little further away from the string - I found that they can come undone with just the single tie as supplied.
Please wear good quality safety glasses.
I've done a lot with darts and Snipersling are the best no question and the Dragonscale glove is superb.

After doing my own power and penetration testing and seeing the results (even with the blunt tips) I have decided to stop shooting slingshot darts.
I'm investigating the slingbow options instead, I will no longer shoot anything pointed past my hand, especially something that could get tangled in the bands and come back at me.
The tip of an arrow starts in front of the hand and it goes away from there.

·
Registered
The Slingin’ Cock 🐔
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's a really nice setup.
You may want to add a second tie to the bands a little further away from the string - I found that they can come undone with just the single tie as supplied.
Please wear good quality safety glasses.
I've done a lot with darts and Snipersling are the best no question and the Dragonscale glove is superb.

After doing my own power and penetration testing and seeing the results (even with the blunt tips) I have decided to stop shooting slingshot darts.
I'm investigating the slingbow options instead, I will no longer shoot anything pointed past my hand, especially something that could get tangled in the bands and come back at me.
The tip of an arrow starts in front of the hand and it goes away from there.
Thanks for the great info. I also have a simple shot hammer slingbow I’ll be messing with at a later time. I’m wanting to test out all options I can do with a slingshot, and any and all advice is always helpful 🤜🏼🤛🏼
Textile Flag of the united states Font Creative arts Pattern

·
Registered
135 Posts
my grandfathers where in the army during ww2, if they had have been in the air force i might have got one of those tight fitting leather skullcaps to wear to learn to shoot full butterfly. but i dont ,and i like my ears cheek and fingers the way they are ,so i will have to stick to shooting darts on my starship with a flat plate aluminium guard.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts