Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine has a disposal company and I saw he was going to dump these 4 snowboards I jumped on them and took them even tho i dont know much of material or strength just saw Zachary Fowler make some from skis so I said hey what the heck anyone know if it would be strong enough material maybe 2 layers epoxy and pinned.

·
Mojave Mo
5,165 Posts
I would think that one layer of board would do it. J5 started his SlingMakery with skateboard decks. It would be a cool upscale product. If you managed to use two deck pieces and a good looking core material and a simple frame design then I bet you'd have a winner.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Went to take a look at how they are made. Good wood, epoxy and fiber cloth, much as I expected. Thickness of the boards are based on the riders weight and the conditions the boards are made for (which I did not know). The lowest rating in weight that I saw was 157 lbs. So I would conclude that the thinnest used for a shooter might flex a little but should be danged near bullet proof. Thanx for posting! I learned something.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Can you post a picture? I'm sure it'd be okay material... but I'm just curious... living in Texas I don't think I've ever seen a snowboard up close to know how it's constructed...

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is exciting what you finally got. It looks like good stuff.
I love snowboarding very much, and I'm going to go to a ski resort in the fall. I have some snowboards of my own, and I hope to take them with me and try them out in practice. By the way, I'm going to go to the Steamboat, Colorado ski resort, for the first time. Have any of you ever been to this ski resort? I have read many good reviews about this ski resort. I have been disappointed a lot before, and I would not want to experience this feeling again. Still, I would like to hear the opinion of the participants of this forum.

__
bluehouseskis.com

·
Science is magic that works
705 Posts
Looks like neat material, I would love to see what you get out of it!

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
The are basically a skateboard deck .and are likely poplar beech or birch with fibre glass sandwiched between the layers . I would double up and epoxy together if they are only the 12mm ones not really for strength but more for comfort 👌🎯👍👊 go way overboard on your ventilation and ppe when working them 😷😵 🎯👌👍👊

1 - 12 of 12 Posts