Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A very wise man once said, "Pride goes before destruction." Having narrowly avoided said destruction, I have come humbly to all of you to eat a little crow sandwich, and hopefully give a warning to other thick-heads like me

I have been working on my first hand-made slingshot over the past few days, and I've been asking many questions: one of which was, will glue be enough to hold two structural pieces of a slingshot together. http://slingshotforum.com/gallery/album/734-slingshot-in-progress/

When I was told that glue would not be enough, I was skeptical to say the least, and I pressed on with my glue, adding a steel pin just to be safe.

Today, I was glad I did. I was out shooting it for the first time and after probably 30 or 40 shots, I felt a little bit of give in the handle, and I looked down to discover that the steel pin was the only thing holding it together. Another shot and I probably would have had a fork-shaped welt on my face.

So, relieved but somewhat disappointed, I scrounged up a good sized bolt and fixed it up good. I say all of this in thankfulness and respect to all of you who offered advice. I also warn other new builders to ask many questions, and follow all advice from older members, no matter how unrealistic it may seem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts