Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an order in from Sling-Tech. Got a nice 15-20mm band template. It's just a fraction larger than I normally use, so I figure the little extra ooomph couldn't hurt. I'm not a stickler for cutting absolutely perfect bands. I just find measuring and cutting tedious, so anything I can do to speed up the process is a plus. I also really like the fact that they sell 8" lengths of elastic, so you can try several different ones without investing in whole rolls. Got samples of GZK yellow .62 and green .62 and .54. My only issue is that I wish the two green elastics were marked so I know which is which. I should hopefully be able to tell the difference without breaking out the calipers.

Rectangle Wood Publication Wood stain Flooring

Attachments

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The green has more snap to it than the yellow in my experience. With the right taper the .54 is a wicked hunting band.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Yeah I had heard that even though elastic may have the same thickness, there is a difference between the colors of the same manufacturer. I think it was in a recent Catapult Carnage video. Figured it's worth a try since I didn't have to buy a complete roll of each. Will eventually shoot them over a chronograph and see for myself.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice! I hadn't heard of sling-tech and I'm glad to find another supplier in the US!
Found them a few months ago. Had some communication with the owner and he seemed like a really nice guy with a good focus on customer satisfaction. Fair prices and quick shipping. Between them, Simple Shot, Double L, Pocket Predator and other folks here, we have a pretty decent selection of slingshot stuff to choose from right here in the US!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.