1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
HOBBYIST-SOPHOMORIC-JACKA$$
8,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
See The Target
21,654 Posts
Nice job! Next time you can sink the pin below the surface and cover with matching wood fill. Had to save one of my favs this way.

·
8,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice job! Next time you can sink the pin below the surface and cover with matching wood fill. Had to save one of my favs this way.
actually was gonna do that , but i checked before i started and had none- so i put it flush .

thanks for the views and comments.
for those of you who like a bunch of pics-
heres the link to pb where i have some more pics of the repair - http://s1021.photobu...OKEN SLINGSHOT/

enjoy !

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
It pays to repair a good looking catty like that, well done! Hopefully you won't have anymore problems with it.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
I preach about grain section near the handle on a hard wood board cut slingshot because if there is not enough grainsection there it can break. Italk about it in my boardcut video. -- Tex

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
V
I preach about grain section near the handle on a hard wood board cut slingshot because if there is not enough grainsection there it can break. Italk about it in my boardcut video. -- Tex
What an informative little video. Thanks, Tex.
I have a "little boy" from Bill Hays that looks like a scaled down version of those very slingshots and I love it dearly. I've been wondering if you are the Tex his slingshot is named for?

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Bill Hays is a fine slingshot maker and shooter. Yes I think that he does sell one of my patterns. -- Tex

·
8,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@ tex-shooter - very informative video

·
Adirondack Kyle
1,036 Posts
Tex!, wish i had seen this a few weeks ago, do you think that i could do roundovers on my boardcuts without a router table?i have a few routers, including a 1/4 trim router. Or do you think it would be an unsafe operation?, I have exp using these power tools, was just wondering if you have done this before.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Tex!, wish i had seen this a few weeks ago, do you think that i could do roundovers on my boardcuts without a router table?i have a few routers, including a 1/4 trim router. Or do you think it would be an unsafe operation?, I have exp using these power tools, was just wondering if you have done this before.
It is the only way to achieve uniform results. I use a laminate trimmer with catty on a grip pad. Many profiles to choose from, or you can get blanks and create your own. experiment and have fun!!

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Yep a grip pad will work or you can also drill a couple of holes in the handle, one in the middle of the Y and one near the base. Then using a board for a base with a couple of dowels spaced to fit the holes, you can route the edges all around safely. -- Tex

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,516 Posts
Even $1000 recurve bows will sometimes break within the first five shots. It happens with anything. Nice repair job though!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts