Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts

My sister in law's family owns a store that stocks building supplies for the 'green' building industry. Recently, she got a product made from sorghum stalks called Kirei. It is little more than sorghum stalks bound together in a non toxic, new age process. It is used for cabinets and accents in green homebuilding. When I saw it, I immediately thought 'slingshot'!!

G10 core with spectraply laminates and the Kirei board. The fork tips are G10/Carbon fiber laminate and the palmswell is made from a chunk of black locust. Finished with CA.

Pretty cool that Sorghum stalks can make such beautiful finished prodcut!

This one is a Christmas present for a very dear friend

·
Registered
354 Posts
Top quality workmanship as always Nathan. This stuff is very impressive and has a great look. I'm curious what else than stalks they are using to obtain that look of different colour shade stripes. Some parts even look like spalted wood! The black locust swell with its dark accents is really harmonizing with the face of the slingshot. Someone will be happy opening this present

·
Super Moderator
6,685 Posts
That's just sick it's so good!!!!!!!! I mean really,how many adjectives do I have to use- **** ,maybe I'll even have to make up a few regarding Nathan and his work!!!! Man!!!! Flatband

·
Registered
572 Posts
that stuff if awsome and in your hands has become a really nice slingshot that thing is wicked
i love the look of that stuff do you know the pricing and thinknesses
would look cool as a hare splitter handle
of course it would have to be laminated

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
What an amazing work!!!!!! Top notch

The colours are so vivid and varied that reminds me of a tropical bird!!!
Incredible!!!!
Cheers ...Q

·
Registered
596 Posts
I know I am new, but that is just beautiful! I know what I like and that slingshot has my name all over it! :) You have a gift - and you are not wasting it. Excellent workmanship. A 10+

1 - 20 of 37 Posts