Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gesture Symmetry Thumb Drawing Line art

Here we go for December 2020. I would like you to use the image provided to create your own interpretation of this. Any material and any band attachment method you would like. The only rule would be that there should be an obvious connection to the image. If you want to modify it heavily then you may meed to supply pics of it at a stage where there was a link. Any uncommon band attachments please supply a banded image to show how it works.

I have intensionally not supplied measurements so the size can be dictated by builders themselves :)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,063 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PB sure thing. Did say any material. But final product would need to be extra special for the added help. There are some subtle difference over the Plinker in this frame - but IMO its close enough.

Mo - its closely Plinker - but also could go more chalice. Lets say its a Day Hiker inspired frame...

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I opted for a Baltic birch plywood board cut for this month's topic, which I am submitting herewith.

My latest slingshot incorporates a "pinkie" hole, and a rounded wider outline in the central grip section to achieve flowing lines, in an attempt to create something a little different with regard to the competition template outline. Its dimensions are as follows: length 12 cm, width 9 cm, inner fork width 5 cm.

The dark green color finish was achieved by applying water-based wood staining liquid, starting with blue, which was immediately followed by a yellow-green layer: mixed together, this creates the dark green tonality. This was completed with two layers of protective water-based wood sealant, which gives the slingshot its surface shine.

The "camouflage" effect could be useful to hunters, but my main objective was to have a change from the rather common brown shades seen on many slingshots - not to mention that birch plywood is very bland indeed, and needs to be pepped up a bit in my opinion.

Ammo-wise, I would probably be looking at 8 or 9 mm steel (0.31 to 0.35 inch) with suitable flat bands.

The somewhat unpredictable year 2020, with its marked lack of social activities linked to this wonderful virus :cursin: , in fact yielded a number of new slingshots, which I have actually placed on a bookshelf for decoration: see the final image. It's funny really, because I have a healthy number of both homemade and purchased slingshots, yet I only use one or two of them most of the time, as I shoot very well with these.

See what you think.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 165 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.