Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

· Super Moderator
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOTM - December 2022 - Natty's

So this month is open for any type of Natural or Natty style slingshots. A tree branch must be used for the Natty itself, but G10, All Metals, etc... can be used for cores and butt plates with absolutely no restrictions.

The judges will be picking one over-all winner with the normal badges for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd places.

The slingshot itself must be your own work, a new build only, and once again - Must be accompanied with dated building pics or videos throughout the month, starting today at the earliest - and ending at 11:59pm, December 31st 2022

*Up to 3 entries per person this month maximum.

*The voting and final judging will be determined by a poll first, and then we have a pannel of 6 judges at this time that will make the final judgment for the Gold, Silver, & Bronze awards.

The person's with the most votes are usually the winners but in the end, our pannel of judges will make the final decision...

*There will be Gold, Silver, & Bronze Badges awarded.
*All entries must be posted into this December 2022 SOTM thread.
*All forum members and dealers are always welcome to participate in our SOTM's.
*Any other "Threads" started in another section for a frame that is also entered in this sotm will not be considered because we want to keep all entries located within this thread.
* Any slingshots made or started before this date (November 30th, 2022) are not eligible.

🌞Start building and let's have some fun 🌞

· Mojave Mo
5,582 Posts
I remember once upon a time I started a thread asking something like ‘when is a natty not a natty?’. The summary of that failed post was an esteemed member bouncing a limb off my head with and answer along the lines of, ‘if it came out a tree then it’s a Natty’.
So this piece started out as a maple tree. A guy I know cut a slab out of the tree to sell as a coffee table or something. I bought it and cut it to pieces looking for a natty. Here is my December 2022 entry for the Mother of all Natty’s SOTM Competition. I’m still working it out but it looks just like it should so far. Aside from cutout of the Chalice Blank the Rasp of Righteousness and a 4and1 file got me pretty close to the shape. Insertion of the inserts and a pile of sandpaper is where I’m at today. Please Stand By…!
Handwriting Leg Wood Human body Chair
Musical instrument Guitar accessory Musician Wood String instrument
Food Kitchen utensil Ingredient Recipe Cuisine
Material property Grass Bicycle part Metal Titanium

· Mojave Mo
5,582 Posts
The likely complete Mo Chalice #7. Clipped, tabbed, or tied whichever suits the moment. The grain and striping and chatoyance on this frame may be evident in the photo. 95mm wide just like the original design. I’ve already decided I like the tabs n’ tubes the most. To the point I’m wondering if I should profile the forks back about 30degress which will lose the groove and create a ramp for the tabs. Or not. Let’s call my entry #1 done. 🧐
Wood Tool Metal Tableware Kitchen utensil
Gesture Thumb Finger Material property Nail
Finger Body jewelry Jewellery Auto part Metal
Finger Thumb Gesture Nail Human leg
Wood Bicycle part Natural material Metal Fashion accessory
Hand Musical instrument Guitar accessory Finger Gesture

· Registered
2,942 Posts
The likely complete Mo Chalice #7. Clipped, tabbed, or tied whichever suits the moment. The grain and striping and on this frame may be evident in the photo. 95mm wide just like the original design. I’ve already decided I like the tabs n’ tubes the most. To the point I’m wondering if I should profile the forks back about 30degress which will lose the groove and create a ramp for the tabs. Or not. Let’s call my entry #1 done. 🧐 View attachment 380716 View attachment 380717 View attachment 380718 View attachment 380719 View attachment 380720 View attachment 380721
There ya go Mo looking good man fine chalice 😍

· Registered
7,710 Posts

· Registered
7,710 Posts
The likely complete Mo Chalice #7. Clipped, tabbed, or tied whichever suits the moment. The grain and striping and chatoyance on this frame may be evident in the photo. 95mm wide just like the original design. I’ve already decided I like the tabs n’ tubes the most. To the point I’m wondering if I should profile the forks back about 30degress which will lose the groove and create a ramp for the tabs. Or not. Let’s call my entry #1 done. 🧐 View attachment 380716 View attachment 380717 View attachment 380718 View attachment 380719 View attachment 380720 View attachment 380721
a wicked cool chalice like the option factor on the forks :)

1 - 20 of 149 Posts