Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

· Super Moderator
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOTM - January 2023 - BB Shooters

So this month is open for any type of BB Shooter Slingshot. Wood, G10, 3D Printed, All Metals, etc... can be used with absolutely no restrictions.
Because BB's are light and easily overwhelmed if overpowered, showing your band & pouch choice is important. So this month must show the complete banded slingshot.
An added ahooting video is also a big plus this month but not required.
Also for this month, the biggest, fanciest looking slingshot that can also be shot with normal bands and larger ammo may not be a winner. Small and innovative BB Shooters are the key this month, so let's see some new designs :)

We have had BB shooter SOTM's in the past, so here's a link for ideas -

The judges will be picking one over-all winner with the normal badges for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd places.

The slingshot itself must be your own work, a new build only, and once again - Must be accompanied with dated building pics or videos throughout the month, starting today at the earliest - and ending at 11:59pm, January 31st 2023

*Up to 3 entries per person this month maximum.

*The voting and final judging will be determined by a poll first, and then we have a pannel of 6 judges at this time that will make the final judgment for the Gold, Silver, & Bronze awards.

The person's with the most votes are usually the winners but in the end, our pannel of judges will make the final decision...

*There will be Gold, Silver, & Bronze Badges awarded.
*All entries must be posted into this January 2023 SOTM thread.
*All forum members and dealers are always welcome to participate in our SOTM's.
*Any other "Threads" started in another section for a frame that is also entered in this sotm will not be considered because we want to keep all entries located within this thread.
* Any slingshots made or started before this date (December 30th, 2022) are not eligible.

🌞Start building and let's have some fun 🌞

· Premium Member
Love me some slingshots.
3,789 Posts
I don’t know what kinda mess I got myself into here 🤷‍♂️ but here goes nothing . Going epoxy the blue pieces to the CF so less parts deal with View attachment 381788
Ooh shoot lol that's going to be killer! And thanks man simple and effective is all I wanted with this one and I only had a tiny amount of that scale so I had to go small lol. Good luck on that though and do little by little if you have to those pieces like to slide lol

· Registered
2,944 Posts
Ooh shoot lol that's going to be killer! And thanks man simple and effective is all I wanted with this one and I only had a tiny amount of that scale so I had to go small lol. Good luck on that though and do little by little if you have to those pieces like to slide lol
Here I am thinking I have holes two parts so and 4 holes total . I have 5 more two drill and transfer punches . I hole pieces nice square and hope brother not to hung over he hit the punch . I just pin holes as I make them . Than be not worry slipping putting together. I have gflex so all Time the work pin up . Sounds good on paper any way haha

· Premium Member
Love me some slingshots.
3,789 Posts
Here I am thinking I have holes two parts so and 4 holes total . I have 5 more two drill and transfer punches . I hole pieces nice square and hope brother not to hung over he hit the punch . I just pin holes as I make them . Than be not worry slipping putting together. I have gflex so all Time the work pin up . Sounds good on paper any way haha
I usually do all my pin work last right before I do my band grooves never really tried it the other way around lol I just have a feeling I know I'd mess something up if I pre-drilled everything

· Registered
2,944 Posts
I usually do all my pin work last right before I do my band grooves never really tried it the other way around lol I just have a feeling I know I'd mess something up if I pre-drilled everything
I think either way going some uneven stuff . Guess you glue bigger pieces first cut after 🤷‍♂️ see how goes

· Premium Member
Love me some slingshots.
3,789 Posts
I think either way going some uneven stuff . Guess you glue bigger pieces first cut after 🤷‍♂️ see how goes
When I put layers on like that I always cut a few millimeters off the line because I know I'm not going to get it perfect and then I just sand it even once cured

· Premium Member
Love me some slingshots.
3,789 Posts
Sweet frame I really dig the scale material 😁 came together well Jon . Ya had can doing the swing dance there 👍 nice shooting.
what you rocking for latex and pouch ?
Thanks dude! It was a random build that worked out better than expected. Im rocking .45 simple shot black 1/4 straight cut with a cheap blue pouch, it's the only one I have that'll hold bbs lol.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts