Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOTM - July 2022 - Starwars

This month is Starships vs Shuttle Crafts and being that this is a special type of month we are also going to allow trigger mechanisms to be used if you want to make a slingshot rifle. There are no limits on materials that can be used or styles other than that the forks must extend out in front of your hand to at least meet the minimum qualifications of being an actual Shuttle Craft. Also this month, you must include final pics of a banded up and safely shot slingshot. Shoot a can, plate, target, whatever or make a movie of it being used so that the judges can be sure that it is safe to use.
As it sits right now, the judges will be picking one over-all winner with the normal badges for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd places.

The slingshot itself must be your own work, a new build only, and must be accompanied with dated building pics or videos throughout the month, starting today at the earliest - and ending at 11:59pm, July 31st 2022

*Up to 2 entries per person this month maximum and no more than 1 of each style.

*The voting and final judging will be determined by a poll first, and then we have a pannel of 6 judges at this time that will make the final judgment for the Gold, Silver, & Bronze awards.

The person's with the most votes are usually the winners but in the end, our pannel of judges will make the final decision...

*There will be Gold, Silver, & Bronze Badges awarded.
*All entries must be posted into this July 2022 SOTM thread.
*Any other "Threads" started in another section for a frame that is also entered in this sotm will not be considered because we want to keep all entries located within this thread.
* Any slingshots made or started before this date (June 30, 2022) are not eligible.

🌞Start building and let's have some fun 🌞

·
Super Moderator
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bumped up, posted up top... Let the games begin!

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
Hi, a couple of questions, what are the dimensions for a proper starship,, how far out from the hand so you go? What is a shuttle craft slingshot?? I think there is a big learning curve for me on this, but I will have a go!
This 👆👆. I’ve only seen these things a few times. Sounds pretty cool though! Also, what’s the difference between a starship and a sling rifle? Thx

·
Super Moderator
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi, a couple of questions, what are the dimensions for a proper starship,, how far out from the hand so you go? What is a shuttle craft slingshot?? I think there is a big learning curve for me on this, but I will have a go!
Just do a quick search, there's hundreds of different ways to build.

We had one a while back also -

·
Science is magic that works
1,014 Posts
Just do a quick search, there's hundreds of different ways to build.

We had one a while back also -

Thanks, I didn't know you could search!!

·
Super Moderator
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi, another question, can a shuttle qualify without a wrist brace? I don't think a starship would work without one, but maybe a shuttle?
Shuttle Craft is a stubby Starship.
Here are the directions from above -
"There are no limits on materials that can be used or styles other than that the forks must extend out in front of your hand to at least meet the minimum qualifications of being an actual Shuttle Craft. Also this month, you must include final pics of a banded up and safely shot slingshot. Shoot a can, plate, target, whatever or make a movie of it being used so that the judges can be sure that it is safe to use."

If you can make a Shuttle Craft that shoots safely without a wrist brace, then try it, but it has to be able to be banded, held and shot safely.

·
Science is magic that works
1,014 Posts
Shuttle Craft is a stubby Starship.
Here are the directions from above -
"There are no limits on materials that can be used or styles other than that the forks must extend out in front of your hand to at least meet the minimum qualifications of being an actual Shuttle Craft. Also this month, you must include final pics of a banded up and safely shot slingshot. Shoot a can, plate, target, whatever or make a movie of it being used so that the judges can be sure that it is safe to use."

If you can make a Shuttle Craft that shoots safely without a wrist brace, then try it, but it has to be able to be banded, held and shot safely.
Thanks again, that helps alot.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I got started yesterday afternoon, I'm not 100% sure if this will count, it might not project far enough beyond the hand. I didn't even know the July sotm had started, I was just trying something different. If it does count then Awesome!

I ended up revealing a couple small cracks in the ebony so I packed them with 5min epoxy mixed with ebony dust.
Shoe Wood Grass Outdoor shoe Automotive tire
Wood Finger Automotive tire Gas Asphalt
Wood Gesture Finger Hand tool Tool
Hand Wood Finger Recreation Font
Wood Finger Font Carabiner Thumb
Finger Wood Nail Thumb Human leg
Wood Hand tool Tool Wrist Thumb
Wood Pneumatic tool Automotive tire Drill Gas
Wood Finger Safety glove Glove Bat

Wood Gas Asphalt Screw Metal

·
Super Moderator
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got started yesterday afternoon, I'm not 100% sure if this will count, it might not project far enough beyond the hand. I didn't even know the July sotm had started, I was just trying something different. If it does count then Awesome!

I ended up revealing a couple small cracks in the ebony so I packed them with 5min epoxy mixed with ebony dust.
View attachment 372351 View attachment 372352 View attachment 372353 View attachment 372354 View attachment 372355 View attachment 372356 View attachment 372357 View attachment 372358 View attachment 372359
View attachment 372360
Technically... it starts on the 1st of each month, but I've been posting them a day or so early.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Technically... it starts on the 1st of each month, but I've been posting them a day or so early.
Shoot.. so this one's out? Or...

I'll respect whatever decision, I don't want to make it unfair for others.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts