Slingshots Forum banner
21 - 40 of 141 Posts

·
Science is magic that works
1,014 Posts
Hi, I have not much of an idea yet, but I found a very interesting natural that may work, not sure, but it has some potential, I had the start date for yesterday, but all I did was to seal and dry it to 2%. I will probably hold it until I figure it out. Neat piece of wood, Chinese doogwood, I hope I don't butcher it😁😁 next week I will start, I am taking care of my dad this weekend and have no tools.
Computer keyboard Handwriting Drinkware Peripheral Input device
Bumper Handwriting Gas Table Font
Scale Light Kitchen appliance Tableware Measuring instrument

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
I got started yesterday afternoon, I'm not 100% sure if this will count, it might not project far enough beyond the hand. I didn't even know the July sotm had started, I was just trying something different. If it does count then Awesome!

I ended up revealing a couple small cracks in the ebony so I packed them with 5min epoxy mixed with ebony dust.
View attachment 372351 View attachment 372352 View attachment 372353 View attachment 372354 View attachment 372355 View attachment 372356 View attachment 372357 View attachment 372358 View attachment 372359
View attachment 372360
That one’s like a phaser.
“Set phasers to ..soup can..”

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Hi, I have not much of an idea yet, but I found a very interesting natural that may work, not sure, but it has some potential, I had the start date for yesterday, but all I did was to seal and dry it to 2%. I will probably hold it until I figure it out. Neat piece of wood, Chinese doogwood, I hope I don't butcher it😁😁 next week I will start, I am taking care of my dad this weekend and have no tools. View attachment 372363 View attachment 372364 View attachment 372365
that will be a neat one

·
Registered
535 Posts
I'm getting closer to done. One of the cracks I filled doesn't seem to like the tru-oil. I'm hoping it'll hide it better if it's glossy enough.

I forgot to mention that I'm using ebony and quilted maple with brass. I was surprised to find cracks as I got further into the ebony, I guess it wasn't seasoned properly, which is a little frustrating because it was $35 for a pretty small piece.

Textile Font Recipe Napkin Ingredient

·
Registered
535 Posts
That one’s like a phaser.
“Set phasers to ..soup can..”
Lol, I still like it when the characters on star trek "set phasers to silicone". I think it was the original star trek.

·
Science is magic that works
1,014 Posts
I'm getting closer to done. One of the cracks I filled doesn't seem to like the tru-oil. I'm hoping it'll hide it better if it's glossy enough.

I forgot to mention that I'm using ebony and quilted maple with brass. I was surprised to find cracks as I got further into the ebony, I guess it wasn't seasoned properly, which is a little frustrating because it was $35 for a pretty small piece.

View attachment 372409
Wow! That's nice!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Wow! That's nice!
Thanks, I'm hoping I can complete the finish today. The ebony did end up having some really pretty "smoke" running through it but the tru-oil made it so dark you can barely see it.

·
Registered
535 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
21 - 40 of 141 Posts