Slingshots Forum banner
121 - 140 of 141 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,969 Posts
That’s going to be beautiful Reed! I’m sorry to hear about your misfortunes fellas. Mine wasn’t that great either. Early in the month I found out that a good friend of mine had died of covid. He was only 36 and left behind his wife and two sons, both under 12. The rest is a little too personal for the Internet but it pretty much went downhill from there. Jcharmin, Skarrd and a few other forum members really helped out a lot though. helping me keep my head up. Guess it was a pretty rough one all around. Still chuggin’ along though.

·
Super Moderator
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Thanks guys 🤠🍻🤠
It's all glued and screwed now, I've been at it most of the day. I just need to finish sanding it tonight hopefully, then drop a coat on & hit the sack. Then I'll sand it again tomorrow to 1200 -2000, make some bands, put a clear seal coat on it and let it dry.
Bag Luggage and bags Textile Rectangle Wood

·
Super Moderator
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
I got it finished up today, banded and shot a lot.
Introducing the Purpleheart Starship 🤠
A few pics and some videos.
Musical instrument Guitar accessory Wood Guitar String instrument

Hand tool Wood Material property Magenta Tool

Wood Table Flooring Hardwood Automotive design

Musical instrument Guitar accessory Wood Table String instrument accessory

Wood Table Hand tool Tool Bumper

Wood Shelf Art Guitar accessory Building

Musical instrument Wood String instrument Folk instrument String instrument accessory

Plant Photograph Motor vehicle Gas Gadget

Car Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Here's a video of it in action, it averaged 375fps with .4 Sumike/ 15-1/2" active/ 83-1/4" draw full butter -

Then my wife was shooting a video that I thought I was going to be able to use, but... it was with facebook live... so here's the link -

Then I also did a full build video and I just finished editing it and hopefully it will be up tomorrow after I watch it and then load it on to youtube... It's almost 12 gigs and youtube doesn't have real fast upload speeds usually, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Reed

·
Premium Member
3,969 Posts
I got it finished up today, banded and shot a lot.
Introducing the Purpleheart Starship 🤠
A few pics and some videos.
View attachment 374337

View attachment 374339
View attachment 374338

View attachment 374342
View attachment 374341
View attachment 374340

View attachment 374345
View attachment 374344
View attachment 374343

Here's a video of it in action, it averaged 375fps with .4 Sumike/ 15-1/2" active/ 83-1/4" draw full butter -

Then my wife was shooting a video that I thought I was going to be able to use, but... it was with facebook live... so here's the link -

Then I also did a full build video and I just finished editing it and hopefully it will be up tomorrow after I watch it and then load it on to youtube... It's almost 12 gigs and youtube doesn't have real fast upload speeds usually, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Reed
Haulin’ balls

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
Well... of all months, this one didn't fly by for me, in fact it was hell for the first 2 weeks.
First, I noticed on just the right day... that my bank account was closing on empty...
found out that my paycheck hadn't been deposited for the last couple months... I called the bank and they told me the loan company on our house hadn't taken a payment out since March... So we called the loan company and the answering machine lady recording says that we're in collections, so we called in the next day to make the past payments and they couldn't find our account... Turns out they sold our account starting in April with absolutely no notice at all, the new loan company still has no info from them on our account yet... So then I called our bank back, found out the the house payments have been being made every month to a different company that's charging us even more money... Anyway, we're not in collections and never were... I got my 3 back paychecks, 2 were late... but it's not the first time...
Then my best friend Paul went in the hospital because a technition said his cancer has gone into the marrow and it's finally taking him down after battling and winning since 2014... and I was thinking that I wouldn't be able to go up there to be there for him and his family at that point because I was thinking that I was flat broke and in collections waiting for the repo man... more or less. But it turns out that the technition was wrong, Thank God! No marrow cancer and he'll be back in action in a month... so no funeral! Yes!!!
Then out of the blue, a guy called and bought our travel trailer, so I spent a few days on that cleaning it up, then another day talking him thru all of the gagets. Then a couple of hours at dept of trans to get it transferred the next day.
Then another friend called and said that he was coming out for a few days last week and delivering our old gold concentrating table for us to set up here... that was last Thursday until Sunday afternoon...
Then Arizona can't find our taxes that we payed them and they wanted double by the 27th... I called the bank again, but their air conditioner went out that day, so they closed at noon... it was 1:30 when I called. Lot's more on that, but we paid Arizona again, knowing that we'll get the money back later... and that was Wednesday... accountants, banks that were closed, Arizona tax calls that we finally hung up on and just paid them after 2 hours on hold to the worst elevator music ever...
So no building last week or even half of this week... lol.

Hey! Life is good, I've just got to glue and screw this beast together and throw on a quick finish and sealer, then have it banded and shooting by Sunday...
I've got most of the first sanding done to 120, then I'll be changing up to 400, etc... as far as I can get by tomorrow, when I'll throw a clear coat on it and call it good. I can take it back down and give it a super finish next month if needed, but it's going to look good either way.
This purple heart has been a dream to work with, I thought about adding a palm swell and really going for it, but my month to work on it was cut really short. I've been at it hard this week and I know that I will finish, but I was wondering for a while.

View attachment 374227
Ive got to go pick up a couple of brass pins for the handle tomorrow, I just didn't like the chrome. The arm brace is custom fitted to my arm exactly and this Starship is really built stout. I've been filming the entire build, but I may not get the movie editing done in time, but we'll see... Hey! Almost done! Haha 🤠🍻🤪

View attachment 374228

View attachment 374229
Looks good that purple heart came out Beauty (y)(y)(y)

121 - 140 of 141 Posts