Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOTM - June 2022 - Make a Matching Set

For June we are going with a Matching Set. Do you have a favorite knife or weapon?
Make a slingshot not only to match your weapon, but to be presented with your knife or weapon as a Matched set.

You can do whatever you want including making your own weapon to match your slingshot, but the minimum requirement is for you to make your slingshot match the other piece that you are entering with it.

The slingshot itself must be your own work, a new build only, and must be accompanied with dated building pics or videos throughout the month, starting today at the earliest - and ending at 11:59pm, June 30th 2022

*Up to 3 entries per person this month maximum.

*The voting and final judging will be determined by a poll first, and then we have a pannel of 6 judges at this time that will make the final judgment for the Gold, Silver, & Bronze awards.

The person's with the most votes are usually the winners but in the end, our pannel of judges will make the final decision...

*There will be Gold, Silver, & Bronze Badges awarded.
*All entries must be posted into this June 2022 SOTM thread.
*Any other threads started in another section for a frame that is also entered in this sotm will not be considered because we want to keep all entries located within this thread.
* Any slingshots made or started before this date (May 30, 2022) are not eligible.

馃尀 This is the first time that we've had a dedicated "Matched Set SOTM"
___So start building and let's have some fun 馃尀

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
And the finish,lol. may be a while before i shoot them as i will be returning to work tomorroh,so much for retirement,everything has quadrupled except my check,lol
one of the "prettiest" Scorched Earth blades i have ever made,Thanks for looking :)
Wow! That's a beautiful set Skarrd 馃 馃嵒 :love: 馃ぉ
You're coming out smokin hot & setting that bar way up in the sky!
Excellent job!

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hi, here is my first part of entry #1. I made this blade awhile ago, 712 layers Damascus steel, 1084, and some
other steel I don't remember, this will take some time. So far I ground this to 400 grit, and put fireplace cement on the back to differential hardening, it take s about 3 days to dry, then tempering, etching with aqua regia acid, got a guard, and handle. The slingshot will be based on how this turns out. I am thinking of bloodwood馃槉馃槉 I do have a blacksmith shop!
Raising the bar a bit are you Cass? Making your own Damascus Steel... lol. That's an ausom start my friend :love: :love: 馃 馃ぉ 馃ぉ 馃嵒 馃

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #88 ·

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Here is my entry. I had a few spare hours this afternoon so I decided to knock out a simple build. Board cut Meatbro from 3/8" pvc. I made this to complement my Kershaw Strobe, which I made PCV scales for a while back. Also goes quite well with my wallet/keys.
View attachment 371599
That's a beautiful set 馃 馃嵒馃尩:love:

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Well this thing is done finally 馃檭 never had so many things not work out making a board cut frame . Here鈥檚 my Sunday afternoon special 馃槈 View attachment 371709
View attachment 371714
View attachment 371710
View attachment 371706
View attachment 371708
View attachment 371712
View attachment 371711
View attachment 371713
View attachment 371707
Yea, that slingshot & pipe looks great Jason 馃 馃嵒 :love:
Those brown buds though... that must have been tough 馃ぃ馃嵒:D馃

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #127 ·

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #134 ·

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
Dragging in at the last minute 馃ぃ I had no idea there was a shortage of olive wood. Who knew?! Anyway here we go.
When I read match your favorite knife I knew exactly which one. My brother Shane 鈥淚sland Made 鈥 built me this olive folder a while back and i can never pass up a chance to show it off so I built a little olive frame to go with it.
It has olive, Wenge, rock maple brass and stainless steel. Wasn鈥檛 sure where to put the brass so I used brass pins and drilled the centers out for stainless pins. Hope you like em. View attachment 372144 View attachment 372145 View attachment 372146 View attachment 372147 View attachment 372148 View attachment 372149 View attachment 372150
Beautiful job Joe :love: 馃嵒 :love:
I love your style of building slingshots, outstanding!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts