Slingshots Forum banner
141 - 160 of 181 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Hi, I got home and made the sheath for my knife. I made a slingshot leg pouch that fit awhile ago, so I decided to make the sheath match. Kydex insert for blade, ostrich leg for the covering. Dangle type sheath. Still entry #1. View attachment 371829 View attachment 371830 View attachment 371831 View attachment 371832 View attachment 371833 View attachment 371834
I’m too lazy to go snag a bloodhound pic but that is an absolutely killer set!! I didn’t know ostrich skin could actually be turned into something that looked good! Usually it just looks like a scrotum. That set however is something that looks like it would belong to a character out of a fantasy novel. Yep, just fell in love.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
I’m too lazy to go snag a bloodhound pic but that is an absolutely killer set!! I didn’t know ostrich skin could actually be turned into something that looked good! Usually it just looks like a scrotum. That set however is something that looks like it would belong to a character out of a fantasy novel. Yep, just fell in love.
He smashed it out the park it’s awesome set 😍

·
Registered
Love me some slingshots.
3,589 Posts
Those ostriches make good jerkey too! 😁

·
Science is magic that works
1,141 Posts
Thanks! I do like ostrich, I got a bunch of skins in bulk, that were just tanned, strait from the tanners, but otherwise raw, I am trying to get some raw so I can tan my own!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,890 Posts
Dragging in at the last minute 🤣 I had no idea there was a shortage of olive wood. Who knew?! Anyway here we go.
When I read match your favorite knife I knew exactly which one. My brother Shane “Island Made “ built me this olive folder a while back and i can never pass up a chance to show it off so I built a little olive frame to go with it.
It has olive, Wenge, rock maple brass and stainless steel. Wasn’t sure where to put the brass so I used brass pins and drilled the centers out for stainless pins. Hope you like em.
Wood Organism Font Human leg Tool
Organism Basic pump Wood Sandal Font
Wood Bedrock Thigh Beauty Font
Stonemason's hammer Wood Hand tool Automotive tire Plant
Natural material Wood Font Tool Bridal shoe
Hand Organism Gesture Finger Thumb
Hand Watch Reptile Finger Scaled reptile

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Dragging in at the last minute 🤣 I had no idea there was a shortage of olive wood. Who knew?! Anyway here we go.
When I read match your favorite knife I knew exactly which one. My brother Shane “Island Made “ built me this olive folder a while back and i can never pass up a chance to show it off so I built a little olive frame to go with it.
It has olive, Wenge, rock maple brass and stainless steel. Wasn’t sure where to put the brass so I used brass pins and drilled the centers out for stainless pins. Hope you like em. View attachment 372144 View attachment 372145 View attachment 372146 View attachment 372147 View attachment 372148 View attachment 372149 View attachment 372150
Wow Joe that frame is sweet man ! Your really liking that style of flip eh ? That’s some quality set bud

141 - 160 of 181 Posts