Slingshots Forum banner
241 - 260 of 267 Posts

· Registered
1,133 Posts
Last set of pics before before polishing and finishing tomorrow... hopefully will get a shooting video too.

Shaping, with all liners... one drop of glue on each to hold in place.
View attachment 380430

Shape looks good... after this, took it apart and then reglued and put in the internal pins
View attachment 380431

Using abralon pads to keep from gouging... starts at 180 grit and goes to 500
View attachment 380432

Higher grit brings out the natural shine and luster of ironwood
View attachment 380433

time to put in the skull hole fillers
View attachment 380434

View attachment 380435

First set of polish and then after that final fitting and repolishing after
View attachment 380436

View attachment 380437

View attachment 380438

View attachment 380439

Tomorrow final fitting, and then polishing... will take pics of the final piece and hopefully some shooting if time permits!
What a beauty of a scorp 🎯

· Registered
2,741 Posts

· Registered
455 Posts

· Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Thank you, Guys... There were many beautiful slingshots this month... gonna be a tough call for the judges, which I don't envy in the least!

I have the best sessions when I put it all up in a single fluid motion. Pushing forward, pulling back, touching my cheekbone with the upper band, alignment set, release. All at once. When this all comes together, it's a flow, a tunnel.
I'm trying to figure out how Bill adjust his slingshot for different distances while using the same anchor and sight reference.
Very good interview, bit I can't quite understand the Youtube translation some times.

At minute 53, what does Bill say about shooting with both eyes open? Does he recommend shooting the slingshot with both eyes open, or just with the dominant eye open?
What a beauty of a scorp 🎯
Wow!! Holy shit!! Very nicely done.😁😁
Beautiful slingshot Bill!
that is a BEAUTY for sure (y)(y)(y):coffee:
That Ironwood sure is pretty...
That thing is awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Super Moderator
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #253 ·
Well, this was one great month! THANKS everyone for turning this month into such a great competition. The November SOTM is officially over...
And we have 23 completed entries, so that means that we will all be voting in 3 separate polls that I will build today.
Once again, Great Job Everyone!
Here's the group pic for this month 🤠🍻(y)

Muscle Art Font Collage Event

· Registered
600 Posts
Here's some pics... done with my phone just before the shooting video... which is still loading... the only drawback to living in the country, slow internet.

View attachment 380483

View attachment 380484

View attachment 380485

View attachment 380486

View attachment 380487
Love seeing your ideas and concepts come to life remember the first scorpion you made back in the day, great to see how its eveolved from there to this latest variation. The adjustable fork is a game changer for ttf in my opinion.
Then the fancy file work and skull accents to top it off. Oh and that stunning piece of ironwood.

Great work Bill, your ideas coming to life with the help of the cnc machine is so cool to see. Feel like 12 year old me watching your youtube videos all over again haha.

Would you consider making me the fork section in right hand hold? (Just the black G10 sections) i really would like to make myself a frame and get shooting more regularly again. If you get the time to message me id really appreciate it bud.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Love seeing your ideas and concepts come to life remember the first scorpion you made back in the day, great to see how its eveolved from there to this latest variation. The adjustable fork is a game changer for ttf in my opinion.
Then the fancy file work and skull accents to top it off. Oh and that stunning piece of ironwood.

Great work Bill, your ideas coming to life with the help of the cnc machine is so cool to see. Feel like 12 year old me watching your youtube videos all over again haha.

Would you consider making me the fork section in right hand hold? (Just the black G10 sections) i really would like to make myself a frame and get shooting more regularly again. If you get the time to message me id really appreciate it bud.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
No problem Lewis. We'll get you taken care of

· Registered
5,014 Posts

· Super Moderator
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #257 ·
We have our winners, and what a great month it was! It took a lot of deliberating for the judges and it came down to each of them having our winners at the top of one of their lists. So each was the winner on one or more of the judges score cards and in the end they also tallied all of your individual votes.
Congratulations guys!
1st place) @Ibojoe
2nd place) @Sharker
3rd place) @andypandy1

Shoe Wood Font Metal String instrument accessory

241 - 260 of 267 Posts