Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What some people call a Butterfly Style we call The Southern Flip style. I have been known to shoot this style once in a while, but not often. I am 6’3” tall, have short legs and a large upper torso, so I have a very long spread as seen here. Tex

Attachments

·
Registered
399 Posts
A awesome style, longer band, more powerful.
But it takes much practice to get the accuracy, I think.

What some people call a Butterfly Style we call The Southern Flip style. I have been known to shoot this style once in a while, but not often. I am 6'3" tall, have short legs and a large upper torso, so I have a very long spread as seen here. Tex

·
Registered
56 Posts
A awesome style, longer band, more powerful.
But it takes much practice to get the accuracy, I think.
actually if your shooting instinctive its just a matter of getting adjusted. its just a matter of concentrating on your target. its like throwing a baseball. you dont worry about your form when you throw a baseball, whether you throw over the top, or side arm or an underhand toss the ball still gets where you want it to go. and if you shoot instinctively you can can have the same effect, as long as you remain consistent, then accuracy should come surprisingly quickly no matter how you shoot.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very well said Statikpunk! It also takes longer to get real good shooting a flip style. Tex

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
What some people call a Butterfly Style we call The Southern Flip style. I have been known to shoot this style once in a while, but not often. I am 6'3" tall, have short legs and a large upper torso, so I have a very long spread as seen here. Tex
Now thats far out. I like shooting similar but only if a can is 10 to 15 feet away then I will hit it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts