Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The King of Kings ...There is only 1...
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was the first time I ever worked with spalted wood. The patterns and grain it brings out in wood is out of this world.

The arbutus is from a downed tree in the middle of the woods. It was a hefty sized tree and it had fungi all over it. Shaped it to similar to joerg's moorhammer.

The maple was literally found in a ditch off the side of the road. I love the black the spalting brings out in the grain :)

Both bathed in linseed oil overnight -

adzeEP6S.jpg abmsJdju.jpg abjbNB4B.jpg aborhlod.jpg adejMNYz.jpg abskJCw5.jpg aco74j2H.jpg acdiJDM3.jpg

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Wowwww!!!

I'm impressed again with your talent. Those are sweet!!!!

You are a slingshot factory, mate :D

Cheers ...Q

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Wow, both are awesome!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Sweet pair of shooters. Both are great, but I'm a hammergrip shooter so the Moorhammer-inspired piece really puts a smile on my face, not to mention the fact that the wood is drop-dead gorgeous.

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
Dang! Them are some sweet shooters you made there, dude. I know it's been said like a million times, but I am continually impressed by the works exhibited here, and amazed at what hides beneath the bark on any given fork.
Now peeling away the bark is like unwrapping a present.

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Those are some very nice slingshots you have there! Great examples!

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Very nice indeed! You've put some work into those.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Dude, if you never make another slingshot in your life it won't matter because these have put you in the Slingshot Hall of Fame already! :bowdown: :wub:

·
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all for such kind words. The dark maple is my current natural I use day to day, and my brother is useing the Arbutis as his main shooter.

·
Registered
596 Posts
let me know if you need another brother down south! lol :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Howdy neighbor approx. (approx. 25 mi over the water to Victoria as the seagull fly's), those look spectacular.

Went hunting for downed and moldy madrone forks last summer in hopes of finding at least one even close to that beautiful, have a couple of candidates drying but...

·
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think you know that i like the Hammerhead design...i´m in love with that Madrone one....so sweeeet!
Thankyou AnTrAxX your hammers are always a special sight to be seen, that means alot coming from you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts