Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,147 Posts
Hey Henry,
here's a speed shot I did about 5 years ago using 5/16" steel ammo on a Starship rigged with a folded .20 gauge latex with dimensions of 2 1/2 x 1 1/4" x 9 1/2"s ( I think) and a draw of 52"s. Temperature was in the mid 90's that day. I'll have to wait till summer to do another one with a video this time! Have fun speed demons! Flatband

·
Super Moderator
7,147 Posts
I can verify that Tex shot at around 400 fps at about the same time I did. We both didn't do videos though. We kept on going up in small increments and would post on Mel's forum about what we did. We both found out though that very warm temps, super small and light pouch, and a super fast draw and release mean real nice speed. I'll see if I can get a video up this weekend. Supposed to be in the 50's temperature wise. Maybe I might get in the 300's. Go Henry!!!!!!!!!!
Flatband

·
Super Moderator
7,147 Posts
Henry, You have arrived!!!!!!!!!!! Flatband

·
Super Moderator
7,147 Posts
Hi Bean, Chronies love light so put a white sheet under the unit for reflection and make sure your sensors are clean and you have a fresh battery. Shoot about 6-8 inches above the readers and you should be good. Have fun! Flatband

·
Super Moderator
7,147 Posts
Hey Bean, you're in Bud! Flatband

·
Super Moderator
7,147 Posts
Rock and Roll Toby!!!!! Great job Bud! Flatband

·
Super Moderator
7,147 Posts
I just bought out The Galaxy Class Starship which is Butterfly enabled-HELLO!!!!!!!! Gonna have some fun with this mutha!!!!!Can you say 80 inch draw???? I rigged up an old set of .010" Latex on her with 3/8" steel and did 310fps right off. We gonna warm this bad girl up ( if I don't kill myself trying! ) Hah, FUN baby! WARP DRIVE SCOTTY!!!! Flatband

Reactions: Beanflip

·
Super Moderator
7,147 Posts
Whew! Go get em Bean Man!!!!! That is smokin Dude! Flatband

·
Super Moderator
7,147 Posts
Yeah, Imperial is right on about the warmer climates. I shot a few through the Chrony today and the best I was able to get was 357. Temps were in the 40's so that really slows things down.When the heat is on the speeds will come! Flatband

·
Super Moderator
7,147 Posts
Duck has arrived!!!!!!!!!Nice job! Flatband

·
Super Moderator
7,147 Posts
There you go Bud! Great job! Also welcome to Hrawk too. We have all found a new addiction-THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!! Flatband

·
Super Moderator
7,147 Posts
The Bean-Rockin the house yo!!!!!!!! Great job !!!!!! :bowdown: Flatband

·
Super Moderator
7,147 Posts
Go Charles!!!!!!!!! Flatband

·
Super Moderator
7,147 Posts
Had some time to try for a video verified 400 shot today so we gave it a try. I was only hoping for 425 or so but was surprised at the 498 I did. Being that close to 500 I figured what the heck, but the bands had other ideas. Had a tear and then broke but we'll try again. Wife was out with the girls so Old Flatband played a bit!!!! Don't tell on me guys!!!! :king:

Reactions: lightgeoduck

·
Super Moderator
7,147 Posts
Great job Toby! They way everyone is going ,I think 600 may be in the near future! Flatband

·
Super Moderator
7,147 Posts
Thanks Charles. I'm gonna do that one over and try it again. I didn't like the way the readings were all over the map.

The shots were too close to the Chrony and I think it caused errors on the readers with bands going through and such.

Everything has to be just right with this Chrony. Too much light-no good, not enough-no good,too close ( you're right about the band abrasion) ,no good-too far,lose speed.

I always do better with sunlight when using a Chrony. Maybe have to wait till summer or get a better light set-up.

Would love to shoot inside the house all the time but room size constraints and wife slingshot rules put a damper on that!

Hey, what is a slingshot lover to do? :king: Flatband

·
Super Moderator
7,147 Posts
Hey, it's all good guys-Fun ,Fun ,Fun !!

·
Super Moderator
7,147 Posts
Excellent Henry!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.