Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Well sadly I smashed my camera pretty bad in newconverts last comp.. so its hard for me to get recent or new footage, but I hope this vid may be valid, as its obvious I havent paused or edited video..:
9mm lead at close to 340fps..
https://www.youtube....be_gdata_player
Great idea Henry, I wanted to do something similar some time ago, but never did.. ( I just hope torsten doesn't see this post cause I've got it one already lol
)

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Ok Henry, got a few 5/16 steel past the chrony today, on my lonsemome I will add,.I'm sorry if I'm not visible in this vid shot today, auto focus or movement now re starts
my phone/ camera....

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Ok well first, I had been down the pub for a few yesterday when I first skimmed the topic, and prob didn't read Henry's rules first... I don't cheat, but can respect that certain rules aply to ones ideas, & I wasn't seen in the video myself shooting a 380fps with 5/16 steel (still heavier than what my competion has shot yet let it be said lol)
I noticed a small tear forming at pouch end today, & not having any more tb gold was forced to trim about 15mm off the pouch end..resulting in about a 20fps reduction in speed, but still respectfully fast I think... 1st shot with trimmed bands got me 374fps but I deleted it
so it got cooler and re filmed at this speed.... :'(
This is only the beginning speedsters! Cheers all

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Ben, Henry ... I think I have the secret figured out that you guys are using ... It's the BEARD!!!! In that case, I should have this one in the bag.

I am making a new slingshot to use for this effort. Hope to have an entry before long.

Cheers ..... Charles
Despite what the missus says, a beard is an important asset!

Sorry beered lol..

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Wow,380fps for tubes is just awesome Henry.
Ben,summer's only a week away,I can see 400 getting blown out of the water!
I've never shot tubes that fast,my current max is 352fps with 3/8 steel with 1745 tapers.
I'm busting to enter but I'm still working on alternative releases because of my dodgy thumb. I reckon if I can scrounge some extra draw length with a new design I can get up there.
Yea mate be good to see another Aussie in the ranks!, as for that thumb, a few southwark stouts or 6 will sort that out lol.. hope we see some video soon..

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
OK, all you guys in Oz. If you want to be first to 400 fps, you better get busy. This is with 2040 Dankung tubes, which I already knew are faster than 1842 or 1745. This set is 7:6 ratio.

Fork: Cashew Natural Fork Ringshooter
Rubber: Dankung 2040, tied in a pseudo-taper configuration. Double part, 3.5 inches, single part, 3.0 inches. Total pull length 6.5 inches.
Approximate Draw: 36 inches
Pouch: Kangaroo, 1/2 x 2 inches.
Ammo: .25 caliber/6.35mm steel by Daisy.

Strike me pink Henry! Hats off to you, that's very impressive... don't suppose you had a pot of boiling water out of camera view lol..
Oh well you've left me no option but to break out the tb black

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Man was this a struggle! Not the speed result, simply trying to film on a dodgy camera (dont shoot your camera), then trying to upload a large vid without WiFi, then YouTube went bonker on me...etc etc... 3hrs later this better work :$
Took the poor missus 4 takes on her phone and 3 on mine (when it wanted to work) to get this... don't Think I've ever cursed so much in my life! Any way.... Toby I'm right behind you mate...
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=UvahSUKjuQQ

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
This is a neat thread! I need to order some more latex, but will participate around mid december when I finish school for the semester.
Ben, that 419 fps, what size ammo was that with?
Still 5/16 steel, I hope to pick up some 6mm next week and hit 450

Cheers all..

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Well done Beanflip! It's turning out to be faster and closer than I would of thought... and prob only going to get faster too!
FLAT BANDS ROCK!

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Im surprised the heated bands didn't put out more.. yet still impressive Mr bean.! ( I say so because of your intense facial scrunching lol ) Good stuff mate.. I shot a 419 with tb silver today but am going to tweak the taper and wait till thrsday (40deg C) before I begin my stressful filming and uploading procedure :$

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Good job Bill,.heaviest amo yet, and still 400plus..on that point Henry, do you think it would be possible to display energy joules, and amo size adjacent to the top gun list? Just a thought?

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Ok I received some lil steel from my fellow Aussie hrawk, that I thanked in this vid at the start, but the Android phone seems to only allow me to upload 19meg on the tube, so it was trimmed..so cheers again mate..
Single cut tb silver got me back in the ranks this time but not for long id bet... 426fps.. sorry once again for the trimmed video, but I would not be able to participate in this club without doing so.. cheers all

https://www.youtube....be_gdata_player

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Cheers Henry, its an addictive challenge matching your bands to amo and draw...wider at forks or thinner at pouch... the possibilities lol...
Liking the .25 a lot, and is very enjoyable punching tin cans at these speeds too! (Riccocets arent so fun, just ask my stomach!them things Bounce back fast)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.