Slingshots Forum banner
441 - 460 of 473 Posts

·
Italian Match Lighter
1,269 Posts
Guys this is my entry video for the club.
Probably is not that good but the testing is real. It's up to you to decide.
IF it's not valid no problem.

Fork: UniphoxxRubber: Decathlon Orange 18-11 500%Approximate Draw: 94cmPouch: Chinese Microfiber pouchAmmo:: Soft Air Biodegradable 6mm
Note: This video shows 8 shots. Some are lower because I was testing also in hysteresis that it's normally higher in thinner bands. In few, the more I hold the less velocity they have.
The following reading were made in m/s: 119.8, 81.5, 155.2, 80.5, 9.6, 214.1, 121.9, 137.0

WOW! 214.1m/s = 702 fps!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,908 Posts
Guys this is my entry video for the club.

Probably is not that good but the testing is real. It's up to you to decide.

IF it's not valid no problem.

Fork: Uniphoxx
Rubber: Decathlon Orange 18-11 500%
Approximate Draw: 94cm
Pouch: Chinese Microfiber pouch
Ammo:: Soft Air Biodegradable 6mm

Note: This video shows 8 shots. Some are lower because I was testing also in hysteresis that it's normally higher in thinner bands. In few, the more I hold the less velocity they have.

The following reading were made in m/s: 119.8, 81.5, 155.2, 80.5, 9.6, 214.1, 121.9, 137.0

I am sorry to say that your video does not qualify. Quite explicitly it is stated that: "You and the Chrony should be visible when the shots are made." You were not visible for any of the shots.

I also think there is something very strange about these results. I took these measurements straight from your video:

119.8 m/s = 393.04 f/s

81.5 m/s = 267.30 f/s

155.2 m/s = 509.19 f/s

88.5 m/s = 290.35 f/s

9.6 m/s = 31.5 f/s

214.1 m/s = 702.43 f/s

121.9 m/s = 399.93 f/s

137.0 m/s = 449.48 f/s

There is WAY too much variation here for these results to be believable. I believe there is something wrong with your setup. At the very least, you need to move your backstop WELL away from your chronograph to avoid spurious results from either the ammo or the cloth registering when it should not. To go from 9.6 m/s to 214.1 m/s it a CLEAR indication that something is not right. That spread cannot be accounted for by delay between drawing and releasing the shot.

I do not recognize the chronograph you are using. Can you tell me the brand and where it was obtained? If it is an acoustic device, rather than an optical device, then it may not be used for this competition.

Also, I need to know the weight of the projectiles you are using. Those AirSoft pellets vary in weight from .12g to .98g (1.9gr to 7.4gr). If you do not have a scale, the weight should be specified on the package.

Cheers .... Charles

·
Registered
455 Posts
Charles No problem I'm not afraid to re make this video. However pleas be informed that such variations Are probably Made probably because the hysteresis and probably because I was shooting indoor in my living room.

The variation are quite large I know but the figures are quite high in average speed.

Please be informed that this speed measurement tool if we don't want to call as Chrony is the latest product from Dankung.

In addition please be informed that the sirsofy pellet weight was specified. 0.25g is 0.25 grams not grains. I'm european and keen to metric measures as all my mesures made before.

Cheers Stefano

·
Registered
455 Posts
Charles and all,

not having much time but this is just my re start on this funny challenge. Made nightly becasue these are freakin crazy times and I find my time only when all babies are sleeping.

:)

Planning to do more.

Rubber: Decathlon Orange 15-7mm 500%
Approximate Draw: 90cm
Ammo:: Soft Air Biodegradable 6mm - 0.25 grams

Velocimeter: Dankung

Max measured 110 m/s = 363.845 fps

PS: I think me and my belly are well recognizable this time... :)

·
Super Moderator
10,908 Posts
Charles and all,

not having much time but this is just my re start on this funny challenge. Made nightly becasue these are freakin crazy times and I find my time only when all babies are sleeping.

Planning to do more.

Well done, mostho !!! These results were much more consistent. From your video, your two highest measurements were:

110.3 m/s = 361.88 fps

110.9 m/s = 363.85 fps

These were within the required 5% of each other.

Your projectile weighed .25 gm = 3.86 gr. These figures give your energy as 1.21 foot pounds = 1.51 joules.

I will record your results on our score sheet, and put in for your badge.

http://slingshotforum.com/topic/21109-slingshot-forum-300-club/?p=253763

Cheers ..... Charles

·
Registered
455 Posts
Charles and all,

Planning to do more.

Well done, mostho !!! These results were much more consistent. From your video, your two highest measurements were:

110.3 m/s = 361.88 fps

110.9 m/s = 363.85 fps

Your projectile weighed .25 gm = 3.86 gr. These figures give your energy as 1.21 foot pounds = 1.51 joules.

Cheers ..... Charles
thanks Charles. Do I have to put my badge in some way or is done by you?

·
Super Moderator
10,908 Posts
Charles and all,

Planning to do more.

110.3 m/s = 361.88 fps

110.9 m/s = 363.85 fps

Cheers ..... Charles
thanks Charles. Do I have to put my badge in some way or is done by you?
Your badge will be put up by Aaron, the fellow who started this site. I do not have the power to do it myself. I have alerted him to your accomplishment, and he will get to it shortly, I am sure.

Cheers .... Charles

·
Registered
92 Posts
Here's my entry for the SSF 300 Club. Please format your entry in a similar way and include the following information.

Fork: Cashew Natural Fork Ringshooter
Rubber: Dankung 1842, tied in a pseudo-taper configuration. Double part, 3.5 inches, single part, 3.5 inches. Total pull length 7 inches.
Approximate Draw: 36 inches
Pouch: Kangaroo leather 1/2 inch x 2 inches
Ammo: .25 caliber/6.35mm steel by Daisy.

Note: This video actually shows 8 shots. Two missed the Chrony sensors, and the 5 fastest were used to calculate the average speed. The speeds were: 309.2, 308.8 315.7, 322.8, and 316.5 for an average of 314.6 fps. Since at leasr 1 was within 5% of the highest speed, (in fact all 5 were) the highest speed of 322.8 stands as my current record.

Nicely Done. Go Navy!

·
Super Moderator
10,908 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hey Henry,
here's a speed shot I did about 5 years ago using 5/16" steel ammo on a Starship rigged with a folded .20 gauge latex with dimensions of 2 1/2 x 1 1/4" x 9 1/2"s ( I think) and a draw of 52"s. Temperature was in the mid 90's that day. I'll have to wait till summer to do another one with a video this time! Have fun speed demons! Flatband

20-2020026294T.jpg
Gary, temperaure certainly makes a difference. At noon today, I was shooting close to 340 fps, but in late afternoon when I shot the video the temperature had dropped about 15 degrees and I could only get 322. I'm looking forward to seeing you join the club when it warms up. In the meantime, you've shown some folks that 400 fps is possible.
I am currently trying to get the max speed out of marbles.

·
Super Moderator
1,889 Posts
Feeling like I'm starting to hang around here enough that I should try to earn some badges. If someone had asked me even a few days ago I would have bet my first try would have been accuracy instead of speed. And I would have bet 100:1 that it also would not have been a frameless video either. But then that silly thread about the dark art of shooting frameless got going. So, while I have a lot to learn about both shooting and video making I hope this meets the requirements for entry into the 300 club. And if not, I'll learn something more.

Call it 300 fps via the dark path. Airsoft pellets, BB's, and 5/16" steel all over 300 fps with frameless shooting for my first shared video and first try at earning a badge. With 5 undamaged fingers still attached to my hand at the end no less.

·
Super Moderator
10,908 Posts
Feeling like I'm starting to hang around here enough that I should try to earn some badges. If someone had asked me even a few days ago I would have bet my first try would have been accuracy instead of speed. And I would have bet 100:1 that it also would not have been a frameless video either. But then that silly thread about the dark art of shooting frameless got going. So, while I have a lot to learn about both shooting and video making I hope this meets the requirements for entry into the 300 club. And if not, I'll learn something more.

Call it 300 fps via the dark path. Airsoft pellets, BB's, and 5/16" steel all over 300 fps with frameless shooting for my first shared video and first try at earning a badge. With 5 undamaged fingers still attached to my hand at the end no less.

Well done! I will put in for you badge.

Cheers ... Charles

·
Super Moderator
1,889 Posts

Well done! I will put in for you badge.

Cheers ... Charles
Thank you Charles, I am excited to get a first badge and look forward to working on some accuracy ones in the near future. With better videos to boot!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Here is my humble submission for the 300 pfs Speed Badge. Thank you for watching and please let me know if I need to redo any of this? The first 2 shots in the video should meet the criteria. After the video, I realized that shot #3 did not register on the Chrony.

Fork: Bonegrip Wide Gap

Fork Width: 110mm

Bandset: BSB 0.5mm, 12-25mm Taper, 7.5 inch Active Length

Approximate Draw Length: 40 inches

Pouch: GZK Dogbone P5A 50x15mm

Ammo: ¼" Steel, 1.05 oz.

Chronograph: Caldwell Ballistic Precision

Ambient Outdoor Temp: 63 Degrees F.

Here is the screen save from the Caldwell iphone app that recorded the shots.

Font Screenshot Electronic device Technology Number

Thank you,

Monroe

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,908 Posts
Here is my humble submission for the 300 pfs Speed Badge. Thank you for watching and please let me know if I need to redo any of this? The first 2 shots in the video should meet the criteria. After the video, I realized that shot #3 did not register on the Chrony.

Fork: Bonegrip Wide Gap

Fork Width: 110mm

Bandset: BSB 0.5mm, 12-25mm Taper, 7.5 inch Active Length

Approximate Draw Length: 40 inches

Pouch: GZK Dogbone P5A 50x15mm

Ammo: ¼" Steel, 1.05 oz.

Chronograph: Caldwell Ballistic Precision

Ambient Outdoor Temp: 63 Degrees F.

Here is the screen save from the Caldwell iphone app that recorded the shots.

attachicon.gif
Caldwell App Save.jpg

Thank you,

Monroe

Well done! I will post your results on our big chart and put in for your badge.

Cheers ... Charles

441 - 460 of 473 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.