Slingshots Forum banner
461 - 473 of 473 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Here is my humble submission for the 300 pfs Speed Badge. Thank you for watching and please let me know if I need to redo any of this? The first 2 shots in the video should meet the criteria. After the video, I realized that shot #3 did not register on the Chrony.
Well done! I will post your results on our big chart and put in for your badge.

Cheers ... Charles
Thank you Charles,

Now that I have my feet wet, I'm looking for stepping up the game a little and setting sights on the bigger goals.

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
Ok slingfolk, heres my entry for the speed freaks club. I hope we did everything correctly.
I used my hammer head starship rigged with precise .65 cut at 5/8" to 3/8" tapers. With a 12" active length shooting 1/4" steel ammo.
Special thanks to my two lovely assistants for tech support.
That was excellent, lots of fun with your daughters. You guys really warmed this old heart :)

·
Super Moderator
10,982 Posts
Ok slingfolk, heres my entry for the speed freaks club. I hope we did everything correctly.
I used my hammer head starship rigged with precise .65 cut at 5/8" to 3/8" tapers. With a 12" active length shooting 1/4" steel ammo.
Special thanks to my two lovely assistants for tech support.
Well done, Tree Man. I will post your effort on the scoreboard, and put in for your badge.

Cheers ... Charles

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
Here's my entry for the 300fps badge :)
I started out making a bunch of slingshot videos back in 2005 when I was making a bunch of gold mining tutorial videos. I deleted a lot of them... or I haven't found them yet, but the first couple clips on here are from way back in 2005, shooting down at my mining claim in California. I put a couple of gold mining videos up this week, one of which uses a couple hovercraft in Alaska if anyone's interested.
This day was a cold 57°f but I started out going for the 400fps badge anyway, and kept getting errors. I was getting errors on all of my perfect shots, lined up right down the middle of the chronograph... I learned later that day, that if I shoot across or down one side of the triangle, that I don't get any errors. I ended up shooting maybe 20 perfect shots well over 400fps but none were registering... finally, it broke leaving me with only one shot recorded... So I downgraded to 300fps, actually filmed shooting it with 3 different sets, then chose to shoot Tombo's Scout LT copy that he made and sent me to register for the 300fps badge.
This was shot back in December, before we got the new house, but I had to wait until I was moved in, with a good internet connection, to upload videos to YouTube. Most of my videos are between 2 and 7gigs and it takes all night with the large files. This one only took a couple of hours tonight :)

·
Super Moderator
10,982 Posts
I started out making a bunch of slingshot videos back in 2005 when I was making a bunch of gold mining tutorial videos. I deleted a lot of them... or I haven't found them yet, but the first couple clips on here are from way back in 2005, shooting down at my mining claim in California. I put a couple of gold mining videos up this week, one of which uses a couple hovercraft in Alaska if anyone's interested.
This day was a cold 57°f but I started out going for the 400fps badge anyway, and kept getting errors. I was getting errors on all of my perfect shots, lined up right down the middle of the chronograph... I learned later that day, that if I shoot across or down one side of the triangle, that I don't get any errors. I ended up shooting maybe 20 perfect shots well over 400fps but none were registering... finally, it broke leaving me with only one shot recorded... So I downgraded to 300fps, actually filmed shooting it with 3 different sets, then chose to shoot Tombo's Scout LT copy that he made and sent me to register for the 300fps badge.
This was shot back in December, before we got the new house, but I had to wait until I was moved in, with a good internet connection, to upload videos to YouTube. Most of my videos are between 2 and 7gigs and it takes all night with the large files. This one only took a couple of hours tonight :)

Congratulations, Reed. Looks like you are having some good fun! I will put in for your 300 badge. I have posted your accomplishment on the results chart.

I envy you being in Arizona. I have a trailer down near Why, but the Canadian border is closed, so It will be a while before I can get back down there.

Cheers ... Charles

·
Super Moderator
1,874 Posts

Fantastic video! Loved it! Will look forward to you hitting that day where all goes right and you break 500!

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
Congratulations, Reed. Looks like you are having some good fun! I will put in for your 300 badge. I have posted your accomplishment on the results chart.

I envy you being in Arizona. I have a trailer down near Why, but the Canadian border is closed, so It will be a while before I can get back down there.

Cheers ... Charles
Thanks Charles :) I see it posted now, it has been a fun ride for sure. Good times :)

Fantastic video! Loved it! Will look forward to you hitting that day where all goes right and you break 500!
Thanks Steve :)
I've hit 500 a few times and it's in the works. Buying the new house has put a damper on it with all of the work, but about the time it warms up, I'll be making that video for sure :)

·
Super Moderator
10,982 Posts
Hellooooo, from the west side of the great divide. This is my 1st attempt to verify for a slingshot merit badge. 300 fps

bands - 1/4" SS flat .4mm

pouch cut off with 1/2" band

pouch - soft leather hand cut 1 3/4" x 1/2"

ball - 1/4" / .25 steel 16 gr.

frame - Daisy

relaxed length - 8 1/2"

draw - 52 " approx.

Looks good! I will put in for your badge.

Cheers ... Charles

461 - 473 of 473 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.