Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

Speedtest with Precise 0,7 & Orange 0.72 or more like speedtest for my 8 mm target shooting bands. I make my bands so that those are good for target shooting 20+ m distance.

Bands are not maxed out, so draw can be 2-4 cm longer (makes aiming more difficult but little more

speed is possible).

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for posting. Good info.
What is your draw length?
How did the draw weights compare?
My draw length is 72 cm. Varies from 70 to 75 cm, depends on frames and bands.

Active length: Precise 17,5 cm and GZK 17 cm. Elongation is only little over 400% so it is no wonder, that these bands

last forever.

Draw is heavier with Precise, but I don't know how many kg.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool test buddy. I like watching the bands warm up, then the faster you shot the faster it got. Fun! Really like the way you set up your equipment. Makes for a great video!
Thank You very much Ibojoe

I have watched quite many speedtests, without seeing the speeds that chrony shows and wanted to do this little differently.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Thank you good info and video!
After I calculated my elongation %, I thought that is not a good info.
Anyway, I never calculate band measurements, just try what feels comfy.
Looks like it is possible to get much more speed from these bands.
Thats how I do mine also used 500% as a starting point,comfy and longer band life is good!

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Thanks, Kalevala. And Northene... so 400% elongation is good for long band life? That is good to know.I have (being generous) 71cm or 28" draw... prefer 25"... so if I divide by 4 I should get my active band length? Correct?

I like to shoot 7" to 7.5" of active band... that is a bit too long. My next sets will be 6.5". And I am going to get somenof that anticold precise.

I cannot take the winter off... I would wither inside.

Reactions: Kalevala

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Thanks, Kalevala. And Northene... so 400% elongation is good for long band life? That is good to know.I have (being generous) 71cm or 28" draw... prefer 25"... so if I divide by 4 I should get my active band length? Correct?

I like to shoot 7" to 7.5" of active band... that is a bit too long. My next sets will be 6.5". And I am going to get somenof that anticold precise.

I cannot take the winter off... I would wither inside.
If you ever use gzk, the 500% elongation is the absolute minimum. They like to get stretched. Now with precise I don't know, but 400% seems way underpowered to me.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
If you ever use gzk, the 500% elongation is the absolute minimum. They like to get stretched. Now with precise I don't know, but 400% seems way underpowered to me.
Now I understand why You have finger problems :p
8 mm ammo is not very nice to try hold between fingers.
Lol you are right. I use 9.5mm, but it's also quite small and it does dig in ????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.