Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding my bike home from school today and spotted a downed branch containing a fork, so of course I stopped and picked it up
I'm not sure of the wood but it was pretty borderline in terms of condition. One fork leg was pretty rotten but once I got down into it a layer deep I was convinced there was enough of it left to make a passable slingshot. I even put the tips of the forks on the kitchen counter and leaned on the handle real hard in an attempt to break it, with no success.
So here, in all it's glory, is a slingshot I call Spud:
Hand Wood Gesture Natural material Finger

Food Hand Ingredient Wood Finger

The black spots on it remind me of a blighty potato. It had bugs in it when I first stripped it but I'd imagine they're all dead now after a good Danish Oil soaking. I guess we'll see.
The forks have a nice forward cant to them:
Gesture Finger Thumb Sign language Kitchen utensil

I haven't shot it yet because I'm waiting for the oil and superglue to dry. Superglue, you say? Yeah, I filled the hole in one of the forks with CA just as a precaution:
Hand Cigar Cabinetry Gesture Wood

I don't anticipate it being a problem, it just adds carachter and gives me something to talk about. I think it would be a hoot if this ugly little bugger turns out to be a spectacular shooter
. I have some 107 bands standing by and will report tomorrow.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts