Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made this quick mod this evening and went outside to try it out before posting it in the modified section and heard this guy up in my spruce trees. Very first shot with this sling and it caught him in the neck.

A quick side note on good shot placement.....I took this guy at 20 yards with .55 bands cut 5/8" to 1/2" and a light 1/2" marble. Very light setup but it dropped him like a brick.

The funniest thing....I didn't see my 2 and half year old daughter watching me from the back porch. And when she seen the squirrel drop, she yelled WOW Daddy!!! Nice shot!! Her daddy's girl lol Window Wood Yellow Art Facade

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,962 Posts
Raising that girl right. Good job and great shootn. I was dropping them left and right last year with Sumeike pink .45’s and 7/16 steel

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Raising that girl right. Good job and great shootn. I was dropping them left and right last year with Sumeike pink .45's and 7/16 steel
Thanks!!
7/16 steel is what I almost always hunt with now. Back years ago when everyone shot heavy double bands, I always hunted with double tbg and 12 mm lead. I would hit them only for them to run off all the time. Now with single long draw light bands and 7/16 steel it's very rare to even need a fallow up shot.

But again...shot placement is key.

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
Excellent shooting! I'm intrigued by the mod as well.

Reactions: Island made

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excellent shooting! I'm intrigued by the mod as well.
Thanks! I am very surprised at how accurate this makes it. This is by no means the type of sling I typically shoot but I took it out again this morning to try it out and man it's spot on

1 - 6 of 6 Posts